[Kernel][GPE 5.0.1][Sense 4.4.4]Elite Kernel for VZW/SPR HTC One M8

jbarcus81

Reaction score
This could be related to.. well anything but.. the only thing I've noticed is that if I'm streaming music via Bluetooth ... and say I open Facebook.. I refresh my timeline and it 'jerks' a bit and my music skips at the same time.. Do I have a governor issue or something set wrong using Trickster? I'm using Elite kernel.. Interactive CPU governor, GPU governer is set to simple_ondemand max clock.. doesn't do it all the time, it seems to be an issue if the app isn't already loaded into memory.. Make sense? It seems any application.. almost as if the CPU isn't being "shared" correctly? One app taking more CPU than another.. I don't know..

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This could be related to.. well anything but.. the only thing I've noticed is that if I'm streaming music via Bluetooth ... and say I open Facebook.. I refresh my timeline and it 'jerks' a bit and my music skips at the same time.. Do I have a governor issue or something set wrong using Trickster? I'm using Elite kernel.. Interactive CPU governor, GPU governer is set to simple_ondemand max clock.. doesn't do it all the time, it seems to be an issue if the app isn't already loaded into memory.. Make sense? It seems any application.. almost as if the CPU isn't being "shared" correctly? One app taking more CPU than another.. I don't know..
I would start with start with a different governor. See what happens.

jbarcus81

Reaction score
Tried every combo I could think of.. went old school and wrote out a grid of the different combinations of governors I tried.. make sure I had them all.. still happened.. I'm going to do a test on a non-lollipop rom.. see if it's just my bluetooth connection.. It doesn't bother me to go back and forth just for testing purposes.. ;)

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tried every combo I could think of.. went old school and wrote out a grid of the different combinations of governors I tried.. make sure I had them all.. still happened.. I'm going to do a test on a non-lollipop rom.. see if it's just my bluetooth connection.. It doesn't bother me to go back and forth just for testing purposes.. ;)
Could be a lack of official vzw lollipop firmware as well

jbarcus81

Reaction score
Could be a lack of official vzw lollipop firmware as well
That's what I was thinking.. I was remembering back and ran across this before.. it was always resolved once source dropped for kernels and firmware, etc. I bet that's what it is.. It's not a horrible issue mind you.. it only happens when I'm jamming and using other apps.. While just jamming, it's good.. unless I get an email/sms/etc. But I think you're right about the official source..

svil3

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@svil3
Hey Buck do you have any plans for posting your kernel that is incluided in the Fluent ROM?
greetings

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey Buck do you have any plans for posting your kernel that is incluided in the Fluent ROM?
greetings
No, its just a stock kernel with a insecure ramdisk. Its not a true custom kernel.

svil3

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@svil3
No, its just a stock kernel with a insecure ramdisk. Its not a true custom kernel.

I know, but in theory with it we can flash any gsm Lollipop roms that boot (for those who use only gsm on this model).

am I right?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I know, but in theory with it we can flash any gsm Lollipop roms that boot (for those who use only gsm on this model).

am I right?
Theoretically yes, but chances are network connectivity will be broken on the gsm builds

jbarcus81

Reaction score
Just a quick update on my music skipping issue and the Lollipop port roms... It may in fact not be a kernel issue.. I am currently running the new rom from andybones over on XDA and I don't have the issue.. I tried flashing the GPE rom since it worked on the other Lollipop port but no go.. But either way.. it's not happening.. So I really have no idea what the issue is other than I know it's not kernel related at this time..