[Kernel][GPE 5.0.1][Sense 4.4.4]Elite Kernel for VZW/SPR HTC One M8

ozzyGEEK

Reaction score
This kernel is running beautifully on my 5.0.1 stock ROM ported to Sprint m8.. First set up that I've kept as a daily driver for more than a day

rhodyvik

Reaction score
Curious to know peoples settings for MinFree RAM if they are changing it? I don't know how to improve speed and battery life beyond the common sense settings in Trickster. FauxClock doesn't work for me too well for some reason. None of the changes remain after a boot or even during the same hour. I'm running 4.4.4, ViperOne 3.2.1, 12-03 release of Elite Lunar kernel. Are the default settings in MinFree Control the best for speed? I Googled a lot of this but I can't figure this out! Thank you in advance.

PieceKeepr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
M8
Curious to know peoples settings for MinFree RAM if they are changing it? I don't know how to improve speed and battery life beyond the common sense settings in Trickster. FauxClock doesn't work for me too well for some reason. None of the changes remain after a boot or even during the same hour. I'm running 4.4.4, ViperOne 3.2.1, 12-03 release of Elite Lunar kernel. Are the default settings in MinFree Control the best for speed? I Googled a lot of this but I can't figure this out! Thank you in advance.
I have the exact setup you do and I use the multitasking setting within the rom. It works great for me and I can get two days on a charge if I don't use it heavily.
6a2abe600a0c209b370f275c21e93bc7.jpg

Sent from my ViperOne powered M8 using Tapatalk

rhodyvik

Reaction score
I have the exact setup you do and I use the multitasking setting within the rom. It works great for me and I can get two days on a charge if I don't use it heavily.

Wow...I never saw the presets within the ROM itself until now! Sweet. I see Multitasking, Ultimate and Xtreme. I only selected Multitasking for now. Have you played with the other settings? I'm interested in knowing the differences between the options.

PieceKeepr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
M8
I have and for me the basic multitasking seems to be the best.

Sent from my ViperOne powered M8 using Tapatalk

Hazegray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW HTC One M8

Have you tried fixing permissions within Fauxclock to get settings to stick. Worked for me.

Hazegray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW HTC One M8
I finally got GPE Lollipop to work with multirom last night and am using the elite kernel. Multirom functions perfectly with Elite GPE! Nice work Buck!

Hazegray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW HTC One M8

This is old data but seems to work pretty well. I think the comments about Sense are right on. Fine tuning the MinFree settings improving on Android s multitasking Android Central

Hazegray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW HTC One M8
Same here. Perfect match right??

Not long after I posted my comment about multirom, I needed to reflash GPE and now multirom isn't working with Elite. Are you able to get to your secondary ROMs without having to go through HBOOT?

Hazegray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW HTC One M8
Buck, any chance you're working on a 5.0 kernel (non-GPE)?

willerz2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8 (VZW) - S-OFF/CleanROM
Just flashed to go with CleanROM (coming from Hypernova/ElementalX), under stress and normal usage tests, it seems to be slightly better than Hypernova/ElementalX. Will run it for another week to get a good sense of the comparison, but liking it so far :)