[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

KJW979

Reaction score
Just a quick question, is the deprimed kernel LV? FYI I don't use the Milestone Overclock app, I use SetCPU

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I believe if ran as dl'd its sv, if run primed script in terminal will be ulv.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Samurai26

Reaction score
*Disclaimer: I suck with Terminal Emulator

Ok, I went into terminal and did su then overclock. It came up and said my phone is primed for ULV, does that mean its at ULV, or do I have to run a command?

mightybrick

Reaction score
*Disclaimer: I suck with Terminal Emulator

Ok, I went into terminal and did su then overclock. It came up and said my phone is primed for ULV, does that mean its at ULV, or do I have to run a command?

That's all you do, until the next time you reboot. To make it stick through reboots, you need to run "primed" in the terminal.

Samurai26

Reaction score
Ok, just did that thanks! BTW, will creating a profile or two in SetCPU screw with anything in the kernel, or am I free to control it however I want?

EDIT: Also, my temps seem a little high running CM7 with this kernel. Idling at about 33 celsius for the battery, 25 celsius for the CPU and they get hot quick

Last edited:

mightybrick

Reaction score
Ok, just did that thanks! BTW, will creating a profile or two in SetCPU screw with anything in the kernel, or am I free to control it however I want?

EDIT: Also, my temps seem a little high running CM7 with this kernel. Idling at about 33 celsius for the battery, 25 celsius for the CPU and they get hot quick

You can use SetCPU without any worries. The temps should settle down after a bit. If they seem too hot, you can adjust the voltages for each slot in the overclock script found in /etc/init.d and see if it helps your temps at all, but be careful or you could cause bootloops. Those temps don't seem too bad though.

Samurai26

Reaction score
If I wanted to mess with the voltages, how would I do it? I opened the 20overclock file in the Root Explorer text editor and changed a number or two. But when I ran the "overclock" script, terminal shows the voltages unaffected

ryocoon

Reaction score
If I wanted to mess with the voltages, how would I do it? I opened the 20overclock file in the Root Explorer text editor and changed a number or two. But when I ran the "overclock" script, terminal shows the voltages unaffected

The voltages that are used in the 20overclock are the ones that get applied upon boot. The "overclock" script runs the default scripting, with the default voltages. If you want to re-apply what you set as the 20overclock, just go into terminal, su, then use the command "sh /etc/init.d/20overclock".

Samurai26

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm just trying to lower my temps running CM7...I love the ROM itself and have flashed multiple times, but it always runs hotter than I like it to

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
If deprimed kernel doesn't work try Chevyno1s ulv kernels, they always run nice and cool

Samurai26

Reaction score
I haven't tried his in months, but the ULV ones gave me boot loops. Why not try them again, I'll make a backup and go for it

Last edited:

speedfreeq

Reaction score

The voltages that are used in the 20overclock are the ones that get applied upon boot. The "overclock" script runs the default scripting, with the default voltages. If you want to re-apply what you set as the 20overclock, just go into terminal, su, then use the command "sh /etc/init.d/20overclock".

Or you could reboot. I upped my 250 vsel to 29, and bumped the 450 to 36. I also uncommented the sleep 60 line in an attempt to get a better wakeup. Not sure if that's what it does?
I was getting reboots when multitasking with a couple heavier apps. Seems to be fixed ftm.

Samurai26

Reaction score
Switched to Chevy's 0.8GHz ULV kernel, noticed a slight performance hit but the phone keeps really cool at times when Prime's kernel would produce lots of heat. Too bad my phone goes crazy and boot loops with Chevy's 1GHZ ULV, I might try the 1GHz LV and see how that goes later

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Switched to Chevy's 0.8GHz ULV kernel, noticed a slight performance hit but the phone keeps really cool at times when Prime's kernel would produce lots of heat. Too bad my phone goes crazy and boot loops with Chevy's 1GHZ ULV, I might try the 1GHz LV and see how that goes later

Since i switched to winners 85-3 rls and deprimed #9 no more overheating for me. Which rls u on?

Samurai26

Reaction score
I'm on CM 7.0.3, Chevy's 0.8GHz ULV kernel, its great

bigeric828

Reaction score
This is just awesome. Custom vsels and frequencies. Just awesome.

"every phone reacts differently" is what you read time after time, yet most devs don't let us modify freqs/vsels to our phones liking. This lets us! love it.

Last edited: