keeps restarting

Ken_photo

Reaction score
My Droid keeps restarting (happens about every 10 mins or less).
Installed one new program today (since uninstalled- newspapers-paid version) and did upgrade for Hancent. Any ideas?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My Droid keeps restarting (happens about every 10 mins or less).
Installed one new program today (since uninstalled- newspapers-paid version) and did upgrade for Hancent. Any ideas?

Have you tried just turning it off and then back on? It may need that to realize the app is gone. Just a thought...

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How long have you had your phone?

Have you rooted it?

The above two might help someone else troubleshoot. My first phone, unrooted and never had been, suddenly started doing this. Uninstalled apps and it still did it. Wrote down all the apps I had suspecting what would come next. Called Verizon and they asked me to do a system reset. It still kept doing it. Asked them to jot a note on my account and went to a nearby store for a replacement. They saw the note, saw it kept rebooting and I've been on phone number two ever since. My first one lasted a couple of months. Every time I went into sleep mode it would reboot, whether the desktop timed out or I pushed the power button. Good luck.

OP
K

Ken_photo

Reaction score
Thanks.

Been a couple of months and its not rooted.

The problem seems to be the update to Hancent. When I uninstalled it the problems stopped (restarting; notifications reappearing, some icons messed up). Tried reinstalling last night and the problem started again.

Today after some updates to other apps (ie keepscreen; timer, where), I reinstalled Hancent again and everything seems working again. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Magdroid

Reaction score
My droid did this, but it was a defective droid. I took it back and VZW exchanged it 4 me.