Droid keeps restarting?

n0m0n

Reaction score
Upon reading this thread I noticed a person said that they couldn't get the Market Place to stay up and running long enough to delete.
How would 1 go about deleting a app in this case?

Also I noticed someone say boot into soft mode but never explained how to.

Can anyone here, and is that the answer to my first question?

Thanks

dandanthesuperman

Reaction score
It's a holiday, and more importantly it's -1 outside. I did NOT want to go to the Verizon Store!

Thanks for finding this fix!!

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
so glad i found this thread, i quickly uninstalled the AV and all is well now. i'll tell you when i woke up and my phone was dead i knew something was wrong, and then it kept shutting down i was ready to exchange my phone. appreciate everyones help. now i can have a good new year.

50%Kraut

Reaction score
Had to uninstall AV, wish I had a pc to look at this thread, would have saved me some headaches.
Now what is everybody going to use for AV protection?
I'm trying Lookout, c if any good.
Any advice?
Happy New Year:)

mloewen

Reaction score
Wow community is great! I knew I would find out what the prob was here. I was ready to blame swype since I had to allow unknown sources to install it. It is too good to uninstall. Glad I know the real culprit . (if you have not tried swype search for it. It is available out there.)
^Thanks again to all:)

shooter5

Reaction score
well it's been fine since i uninstalled the antivirus app. i replaced it with Lookout, that does more, and seems to run fine. during my quest for which app was the troublemaker, i uninstalled panda home...and now can't get it to reinstall. can anyone help?

smsommers84

Reaction score
Thanks

As a newbie motorola droid owner I started to freak out I did something to my phone to make it go haywire. I googled my problem and this forum came up. I uninstalled the AV app and my phone is normal again. Thanks a lot guys keep up the great work!!!

JBoy55

Reaction score
Same thing here. Seems it was the "Antivirus" update. My Droid and my Son's Eris were doing the shutdowns and email notifications all day long. Thanks for the help....

Kamron

Reaction score
I had the same problem

I saw on another post about this same problem and it said to remove the antivirus - which I did. My phone is working fine now so I would say to definitely remove the antivirus app!

wsheldon

Reaction score
I also removed antivirus ap

It was eating my battery life, constantly rebooting my droid, sending duplicate text messages. I confirmed it by looking at the battery usage in the settings>about phone>battery use.

I then went to the settings>applications>manage applications and removed the anti-virus application. Since then no issues to report and all is well.

dpiefke

Reaction score
It was eating my battery life, constantly rebooting my droid, sending duplicate text messages. I confirmed it by looking at the battery usage in the settings>about phone>battery use.

I then went to the settings>applications>manage applications and removed the anti-virus application. Since then no issues to report and all is well.
my phone would not stay on long enough to do anything. Went to Verizon authorized dealer today where I bought it 8 days ago and exchanged it. They said they have not seen one so bad. Will not load the anitvirus on. thanks for the heads up. is there a good anti virus app to use?:motdroidhoriz:

nyijedi

Reaction score

my phone would not stay on long enough to do anything. Went to Verizon authorized dealer today where I bought it 8 days ago and exchanged it. They said they have not seen one so bad. Will not load the anitvirus on. thanks for the heads up. is there a good anti virus app to use?:motdroidhoriz:

I really don't think there's a need for an AV program on Android - at least not yet.

ZDWeiss11

Reaction score
yeah i had all the same problems but once i uninstalled the antivirus it all cleared up but uninstall through the market not through settings