Keep losing data connection

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by blackterry, Jan 15, 2012.

1. blackterry

blackterry Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I've had my Razr about 3 weeks now and I truely love this phone however for just over a week I've beeen having a problem with losing signal. First thing I will notice is my weather widget disappears and then I lose internet... I then have to do a hard restart to get it functioning properly again. I had to do a hard restart 3 times today so far so now something has to be done. Also I'm having phone issues while this happens for example somebody called me today and it's ringing away but I cannot answer the call all the buttons are unresponsive. Also sometimes it will be ringing and the screen is black and I cannot get it to come active no matter what ...

Anybody else having these issues and is therre any fixes ?? I think I'm taking it back to Verizon tomorrow and asking for a replacement which I'm not looking forward to re entering everything back into phone again..

2. blackterry

blackterry Member

Ratings:
    +3
    One thing I notice is that the signal indicator turns white and there is no signal type given when this happens... I have LTE deactivated except when I'm near a mojor city. It does this nomatter where I am or if LTE is active or not.. ??

Anybody ??

3. pinoy_92

pinoy_92 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    sounds like you live in place with spotty connection. try going near a tower and make a call. if it drops then you might want to get it replaced, or a refund. also it could have been an error with your smart actions. turn all of it off and see if there is a difference.

4. blackterry

blackterry Member

Ratings:
    +3
    It happens at high signal strength areas all the time. I don't use smart actions.

5. pinoy_92

pinoy_92 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    try to get it replace then.

just a little note when getting your stuff replaced, over react..

6. Jungle King 76

Ratings:
    +13
    You should have no issues with replacement. Your insurance is for things you do like breaking or losing phone. But the phone carries a mechanical/ functional warranty for the life of your two year contract. I had my first RAZR for two months before I noticed something that seemed odd, I took it to Verizon and they agreed it was bad and I had a warranty replacement overnight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

7. pabowhunter

pabowhunter Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Im new to the site, but just to add my 2 cents on the lost data... I live in the North eastern part of Pennsylvania and I too was having problems with dropped data for no apparent reason strong signal strength but would from blue to white then boom gone... I don't live in a 4G coverage area so i have that turned off and set only on 3G.. This went on all last week 20 or so time's a day last for minutes to hour or so... I bought the phone lightly used on Ebay and figured I bought a lemon or someones headache.. So I call Verizon and express my concern only to be told they are not aware of any problems like this on a local or national scale... So i was all about sure of my worry that i was duped by a woman in West Virginia on ebay... Then i started my own research and discovered i wasn't the only one with this problem... But why was i told that from Verizon??? Any way i also found out from my research that if i toggle to airplane mode and keep it there for a few minutes then change back it would work... but only for a while.. Now for the good news.. I love this phone and it seems to have magically fixed itself for the past 4 days no loss of data.... Ok ok Verizon thanks a little... but thats all you get because i only expect what im paying a nice premium for..... So my opinion is that its clearly a service issue and not the phones.. Hope they clear it up Nation wide for everyone so people can enjoy the full potential of this great phone...

8. mznurseheather

Ratings:
    +0
    My Bionic does the same exact thing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

9. Trash Can

Trash Can Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I believe the standard warranty from the manufacturer is one year. Anything longer requires the purchase of an extended warranty.

10. thehowells

thehowells New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I recently experienced the same issue where the phone was ringing but the screen remained dark and I was unable to answer the call. It had happened twice. As for the connection problems, I've had that issue since day one. :(

11. Jungle King 76

Ratings:
    +13
    I am not sure about "manufacturers" but Verizon covers it for the full two years. They force you to lock in to a two year context so they have to cover their phone if it malfunctions during that whole 2 years.

12. iguanad

iguanad Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't think that's true.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page
my data connection keeps dropping
why does my android keep losing internet

why does my android keep losing signal

why does my droid razr keep losing internet connection