kangerade 1.1 transparent FROYO!!

Accidental

Reaction score
wat should the permissions be for services.jar? mine are -rw... i ranit threw the exe and moved it bak to the sdcard replacing the services.jar that i took off... rebooted and nothing different

redheadch

Reaction score
Any chance someone could explain how to create a transparent background .png? I found out which .png's were for the background but need to know how to create a transparent one. I would appreciate it, new to this and could use the help.

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
Any chance someone could explain how to create a transparent background .png? I found out which .png's were for the background but need to know how to create a transparent one. I would appreciate it, new to this and could use the help.

the only way i know how is with photoshop.

create a new image from scratch. approx 180x180 with anywhere from 72 to 96 dpi

select that you want to create a transparent image.

Set your opacity to about 25-30%

use paint bucket to splash image whatever color you want transparent.

save as.png status_bar_background.png

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mike

this is off topic but I can't get an answer anywhere else???? I am trying to theme the battery on Kangerade 1.1. It has 10% increments BUT the framework-res pngs don't show that??? I am looking at 90% right now on my phone but I can not find the png???? any ideas... and sorry again for getting off topic..

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
did you use one of jrummys update.zip for the clock and notification colors? because if you did i believe that alters the framework...

does your battery say 90% or does your "about phone" say 90%?

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I changed the colors with Bowers MM file for froyo, BUT I still get the "90" in my battery??? I may just make some custom pngs with no numbers and if he is adding the number another way, it will still work.....hopefully!??!?!

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
I changed the colors with Bowers MM file for froyo, BUT I still get the "90" in my battery??? I may just make some custom pngs with no numbers and if he is adding the number another way, it will still work.....hopefully!??!?!

i replaced the .pngs in my framework and i only get 20% now... but i run that battery widget which is in 10's anyway so it doesn't bother me all that much...

i don't know enough about his build to know if its an XML file somewhere or if it was straight .pngs... i just downloaded the ROM again, i'll check the framework...

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
Ya its gotta be an XML. I don't see the 10% increase in the framework either.

Accidental

Reaction score
wat should the permissions be for services.jar? Mine are -rw... I ranit threw the exe and moved it bak to the sdcard replacing the services.jar that i took off... Rebooted and nothing different

so any help on this?

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
wat should the permissions be for services.jar? Mine are -rw... I ranit threw the exe and moved it bak to the sdcard replacing the services.jar that i took off... Rebooted and nothing different

so any help on this?

i'm not sure, i've never seen anybody have to change permissions on the services.jar...

you may have to add a transparent .png to your framework as the one thats in there now may be solid...

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
oh wait, did you just replace the services jar on the SD card???? You have to put it back in /system/framework, not the sd card root...

Accidental

Reaction score
i put it in system/framework and replaced the one there... i only copied the file out to do the transparent exe

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Permissions should be set to ...User/ Read & Write...Group/Read....Other/Read....everything else unchecked,,,press OK...reboot

Also this patch shouldn't need a semi transparent image to work...if patched correctly