Nex-Tang...

ugadawgs23

Reaction score
Planned on switching over to the NexTang Theme tonight...but one question.

I have no idea what I am talking about as far as Froyo or Kangerade goes, I have no idea what the hell they even are or mean. Anyways, there are two options, Froyo and Kangerade being the two.

Are their pro's/con's with each? I'm currently running the Green Kangerade version and like it I guess, and I do not want to wipe cache. Will I have to do that with Froyo?

I'll post again later when I think of more questions, but any help is appreciated. Thanks.

jman1423

Reaction score
Froyo is the name of android 2.2

nex-tang is the rom / theme for 2.2

so baiscally, when you get nex-tang, you essentially get 2.2 froyo with the nex-tang theme.

OP
U

ugadawgs23

Reaction score
Froyo is the name of android 2.2

nex-tang is the rom / theme for 2.2

so baiscally, when you get nex-tang, you essentially get 2.2 froyo with the nex-tang theme.

Ok I just checked and I'm running 2.2 already. Do you have any idea about the differences between kangerade and froyo? I get that kangerade is 2.2, but what seperates the two?

jman1423

Reaction score
kangerade is the ROM for froyo.

froyo is the build of which kangerade runs on. nex-theme is the "official" 2.2 source. i believe kangerade was built on an earlier leaked version. get the 4.0.7 build.

2.2 = froyo. froyo is the build name of 2.2

OP
U

ugadawgs23

Reaction score
kangerade is the ROM for froyo.

froyo is the build of which kangerade runs on. nex-theme is the "official" 2.2 source. i believe kangerade was built on an earlier leaked version. get the 4.0.7 build.

2.2 = froyo. froyo is the build name of 2.2

Haha, I get that but sorry if it seems like I am asking the same stupid question again, but basically which one do I want? The Kangerade ROM or just Froyo?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Kangerade is based on 2.2 aka Froyo.....if you are running Kangerade you are running Froyo.

Jrummy just named the 2.2/Froyo ROM Kangerade...Hope that makes sense?

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
that comes down to personal preference. froyo is like stock android. no theme no extra colors or features. with the rom you get extra features and have the option for themes that work on the rom. hopefully this helps

OP
U

ugadawgs23

Reaction score
Kangerade is based on 2.2 aka Froyo.....if you are running Kangerade you are running Froyo.

Jrummy just named the 2.2/Froyo ROM Kangerade...Hope that makes sense?

Yeah I feel like an idiot now. Is there a reason why there is two different options in Rom manager for it?

EDIT-For some reason I feel like that was a stupid question. Oh well.

Last edited:

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Planned on switching over to the NexTang Theme tonight...but one question.

I have no idea what I am talking about as far as Froyo or Kangerade goes, I have no idea what the hell they even are or mean. Anyways, there are two options, Froyo and Kangerade being the two.

Are their pro's/con's with each? I'm currently running the Green Kangerade version and like it I guess, and I do not want to wipe cache. Will I have to do that with Froyo?

I'll post again later when I think of more questions, but any help is appreciated. Thanks.

LOL, it does get pretty confusting huh... key lime pie, froyo, kangerade, nex-theme, source code... kinda sounds like vomit or something.

ok, will try and explain:

froyo is basically the code name for android 2.2
nex-theme, key lime pie, pink lemonade, etc. are all theme names
kangerade is what I decided to call my rom

hopefully that makes sense.. lol

and if you are on froyo I would say that it isn't necessary to wipe data/factory reset. Just make a backup before you flash (install) the rom incase something goes wrong.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
weather widget is not pulling weather info.....

For some reason this is happening to some users after they wipe data/factory reset but doesn't happen if you don't wipe.. I will look into a fix and hopefully get it out soon. As for now you can always set your location manually. Apologize for the inconvienence.