how did this happen?

Discussion in 'LithiumMod' started by mojo_droid, Jul 28, 2010.

1. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

i was running kangerade 5.0.9, which I love, and I had my phone off all day. when i turned it back on I got no service. anywhere I went i got no service. so i called up verizon and they said there was no issue with my account and there were no service issues in my location. so i restored backups, did data/cache wipes, etc. still no luck, no service. so i unrooted my phone and went back to the stock android 2.0.1 :'(and it fixed the issue. so my question is, can anyone help me and explain how this happened and what i can do from it happening again? was it an issue with kangerade or the kernel i was using or what?
  2. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

What baseband did you have? Had you upgraded to one of the leaks or was it the original? Did you try pulling the battery?
  3. mojo_droid

it was FRF84B and I was using ULV 1ghz chevyno1 kernel, and yea i tried a battery pull and it didnt work
  4. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

Mojo I would like to thank you personally for trying all your options before posting "OMG KANGERADE JACKED MY DROID!!" Vb asked some great questions so I think you're in great hands here. Good luck!! :D
  5. Nealius

Nealius New Member

can you *228?
  6. mojo_droid

btw, i am on stock android 2.1 and its working fine, im bout to root again.

but when it was not working i could not *228 (verizon customer service had me try that) I could not receive any text, get online, or do some spc password thing (verizon guy again). I got off the phone before he transfered me to the real tech support, i wanted to be on stock unrooted version before that