how did this happen?

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i was running kangerade 5.0.9, which I love, and I had my phone off all day. when i turned it back on I got no service. anywhere I went i got no service. so i called up verizon and they said there was no issue with my account and there were no service issues in my location. so i restored backups, did data/cache wipes, etc. still no luck, no service. so i unrooted my phone and went back to the stock android 2.0.1 :'(and it fixed the issue. so my question is, can anyone help me and explain how this happened and what i can do from it happening again? was it an issue with kangerade or the kernel i was using or what?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What baseband did you have? Had you upgraded to one of the leaks or was it the original? Did you try pulling the battery?

OP
M

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
it was FRF84B and I was using ULV 1ghz chevyno1 kernel, and yea i tried a battery pull and it didnt work

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mojo I would like to thank you personally for trying all your options before posting "OMG KANGERADE JACKED MY DROID!!" Vb asked some great questions so I think you're in great hands here. Good luck!! :D

OP
M

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
btw, i am on stock android 2.1 and its working fine, im bout to root again.

but when it was not working i could not *228 (verizon customer service had me try that) I could not receive any text, get online, or do some spc password thing (verizon guy again). I got off the phone before he transfered me to the real tech support, i wanted to be on stock unrooted version before that