Lost 3G Data

t-bucket

Reaction score
While at work yesterday, I noticed the data connection had disappeared. It wasn't that the icon was missing, 3G was gone. Launching the browser would bring up the Google homepage (from cache I assume), but trying to navigate away from there would cause a network unavailable error message. Figured it was a location issue and forgot about it since weird things happen with everyone's wireless network there. No change after returning home, but wifi works. Still let it go, now guessing it's a network issue. This morning, nada. Checked online for any word about network outages and found nothing new. Tried the usual fixes, in and out of airplane mode, rebooting, battery pull, Settings/Wireless & Networks/Disable and Enable data again, all no goes. Was about to call Verizon and had the bright idea to try flashing another rom. Had been running Blue theme Kangerade 5.0.9 with the default kernel. Flashed back to CM 5.0.8 with the stock kernel, unthemed, and Google apps. Wiped cache and data of course going between FroYo and Eclair roms. After startup data is working again. Have not turned wifi back on yet. Google sync went ok, and Market restore was going ok until the phone rang. Will give it awhile and probably flash back to Kangerade over the weekend. I know there had been some problems with the earlier FroYo leaks, but hadn't heard of problems with the source built roms. Anyone else see anything like this?

vmann32

Reaction score
Yeah last week had the same issue with the 3G.I noticed the 1X showed up in place of it.I too tried all the same things and eventually flashed a nandroid restore (was the same rom just a backup)and it came back worked fine.I had the same issue again flashed and it was back again.Not sure what is the problem.

phrost211

Reaction score
Yeah I posted the same problems about week ago in a different thread here. I've tried all the same fixes and nothing. In typing this message its gone to 1x mode twice. I'm unable to listen to pandora or watch youtube videos unless I'm on wifi

spiceditup

Reaction score
I had the same problem a week ago with no 3g connection, but figured it was the app, SwitchPro Widget 1.8. Had to enable APN toggle in the options.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just had this issue the past few days as well. i started a thread here that follows what i did. basically, i'm not sure if upgrading to the newest baseband (C_01.43.01P) or just dialing *22899 fixed it, but one or the other did. and my signal is much better on this baseband.

ps: it has nothing to do with the ROM, basebands are completely independent monsters from whatever ROM you are using (i tired switching a few roms first and had the same problem)

OP
T

t-bucket

Reaction score
After some more investigation, it appears I can't overclock anymore. 600 works, but 800 and up 3G tanks. Everything else works great up to 1.2 GHz. That's just the fastest I've tried, don't know if 1250 or 1300 work, chickened out. But temps were good, no force closes except for the tardis lwp, etc. I'll have to play some more over the weekend when I have more time and see if I can find a kernel it's happier with.