Weird SetCPU Issue

gibsonlp223

Reaction score
Alright so I'm running Chevy's ULV 1.0 Ghz on JRummy's kangerade 5.0.9. What's happening is every time I reboot my phone its showing me that its set at 800max even though the sliders set at 1000max. Can someone tell me what's causing this?

sparty569

Reaction score
I had this happen when I did a clean wipe and flashed Kang 5.0.9. I went into my Titanium backup, restored both App and Data for Set CPU and I was off and running again.

arasky

Reaction score
theres a box that says set on boot when you open setcpu. if you leave it unchecked, you must go into the app every time it reboots and reset the sliders. if you check it, it will save the sliders when you reboot, so you dont have to reset them. the downside to having it set on boot is that if your kernal is unstable, when you reboot your phone it wont boot since itll be constantly restarting (think if you put the slider to 1.25 and your phone goes crazy on you and restarts, you want a failsafe that starts your phone up back to normal). the upside to checking the box is that if you know your kernal and rom are stable you never have to go into the app. make sense?

A.Brooks

Reaction score
I am using Chevy's ulow 1.2 and on 5.0.9 with no issues. Of course I run at 800 just because I like the battery life @ 800, I get a full work day out of the phone without charge, if I'm not bored out of my mind @ work and on my Droid all day.

In a related question, my set CPU will not allow me to set minimums to 125, is there a reason for that?

Also, the "advanced" settings, is there any nice trick to any of those numbers to get ideal performance or battery life?

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
I am using Chevy's ulow 1.2 and on 5.0.9 with no issues. Of course I run at 800 just because I like the battery life @ 800, I get a full work day out of the phone without charge, if I'm not bored out of my mind @ work and on my Droid all day.

In a related question, my set CPU will not allow me to set minimums to 125, is there a reason for that?

Also, the "advanced" settings, is there any nice trick to any of those numbers to get ideal performance or battery life?

Chevyno1's kernel no longer have the 125Mhz slot which is why you can't get it. If you really want that slot you'll have to switch over to one of p3's kernels as he has ones that start at 125 or 250. just have to downlaod and install the right one.