K-9 Mail users, which version?

nightfishing

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions. Are you using the version in the market, or one of the test builds?

I dl'd the newest build (2704) and have not run into any issues, but....

Prerunnerseth

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions. Are you using the version in the market, or one of the test builds?

I dl'd the newest build (2704) and have not run into any issues, but....

I ran K-9 Mail on my Moto Droid because the stock droid app was terrible. K-9 had its own fair share of issues. Especially when running multiple accounts. there just is not any good way to switch from one account to anther from anywhere in the app. it was a pain. It also had problems with showing mail as read and or deleted mail still showing up. I find the DI built in email to be very good and superior to K-9. Very happy with it. Now the build in SMS app. thats a whole other story. Handcent all the way.

OP
N

nightfishing

Reaction score
Thanks for your post. The built in proggie is a no go (for me.) I am currently using the gmail app, but the lack of attachment support is a PITA. What I did was set up a dummy account in the Mail app and have gmail forward all emails with attachments to that account. It works but is a bit clunky and still does not allow for easy outgoing attachments.

I *though* I could be happy without pushed email, but it drives me nuts. K-9 addresses most of my "issues"

1. real IMAP push
2. attachment control (in and out) How in the world is this not in the gmail app???

Prerunnerseth

Reaction score
Thanks for your post. The built in proggie is a no go (for me.) I am currently using the gmail app, but the lack of attachment support is a PITA. What I did was set up a dummy account in the Mail app and have gmail forward all emails with attachments to that account. It works but is a bit clunky and still does not allow for easy outgoing attachments.

I *though* I could be happy without pushed email, but it drives me nuts. K-9 addresses most of my "issues"

1. real IMAP push
2. attachment control (in and out) How in the world is this not in the gmail app???

I rarely deal with incoming attachments on my phone. Prefer to get out the computer for that stuff. Havnt tried any outgoing attachments on this one yet. But, i limit that kind of stuff to sending pictures from the gallery app.

Edit:
Just downloaded a Zip file from an email i got yesterday to the SD card. Worked perfectly.

Edit again:
Jumped right into astro file manager. went to my SD card and resent the attachment out to my other account. worked perfectly

last Edit:
Did the same with the Gmail account. Not sure where the issue lies.

Last edited:
OP
N

nightfishing

Reaction score
The built in app would be usable if it pushed, but it doesn't:(

K-9 seems to combine the best of the two (gmail and Mail apps).

And it has an integrated inbox! Promises, promises Android (LOL)

My phone hasn't melted, yet, so I think I will give this build a day to see how it goes.

Prerunnerseth

Reaction score
The built in app would be usable if it pushed, but it doesn't:(

K-9 seems to combine the best of the two (gmail and Mail apps).

And it has an integrated inbox! Promises, promises Android (LOL)

My phone hasn't melted, yet, so I think I will give this build a day to see how it goes.

I just really hated how painful it was to switch accounts within the app. I dont like combined inbox. I want to know which account im in.

OP
N

nightfishing

Reaction score
Maybe it has changed?

When I open it I get a list of accounts. If I go into one account, clicking more>accounts brings me back to the list.

Prerunnerseth

Reaction score
If I go into one account, clicking more>accounts brings me back to the list.

If youre in an email.. then you have to back out to the list.. then his menu... then more ... then accounts.. PITA... the built in account you go to the mail list... and there is a nice drop down. Also K-9 was terrible at taking you to the right account/email when you clicked on one in the notification bar. it would go to wherever it was last.. not the email/account that the notification was about. I have 4 email account + gmail... it was a pain.