Has anyone used K-9 Mail?

nibblit

Reaction score
A friend suggested K-9 mail client because it allows integration of PGP keys. Does anyone have experience using this app? :huh:

tennvol

Reaction score
K9 mail is pretty well documented in the forum and is a decent mail replacement for the stock app.

A search should give you all the information you need

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

jet pascarelli

Reaction score
I like K9 but am a little dismayed that about half of the emails I reply to (hitting reply or reply to all) do not contain the original email text. I really wish I knew how to fix and I sent in a bug report on the developer page. I am looking for another email app. The native app does not let you search (or sort) emails so that is why I went for K9.

itchn2go

Reaction score
check out maildroid. i like it better and support is great. not sure what PGP is.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
check out maildroid. i like it better and support is great. not sure what PGP is.

Regarding POP3 and the Droid:
OMG...BLESS YOU MY SON.
I tried all the usual fixes. Pushing through Gmail; I tried K9 and since email is a sore spot for my phone, I was always looking for a better solution. I saw this thread and the cynical side said, "Same crap answers...different day."
Oh boy, was I wrong!

I haven't put all of my email accounts through maildroid - only the pop3 account that never got an email in anything close to real time. Or you had to power the phone completely off to push the next set.

So I sent a test email and as soon as I clicked send on the desktop, the phone vibrated and the notification sprang up.
Gud Gawd...

I tried it several times from different accounts.
You have a fanboy here.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Janet1025

Reaction score
I've had my DX for about six weeks and have given up on the stock mail. I wasn't really getting any mail unless I hit the refresh button. So I downloaded maildroid and k-9, I like the inbox look of the maildroid so much better but I can't stand the icon for it -a bug with one eye and six legs- ugh sorry guys I know I'm a chic but c'mon!! I dont expect a rose icon but something a little nicer! And also email notifier app which is a pop up only works with k 9..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I should be able to change that to whatever you'd like :)

I've had my DX for about six weeks and have given up on the stock mail. I wasn't really getting any mail unless I hit the refresh button. So I downloaded maildroid and k-9, I like the inbox look of the maildroid so much better but I can't stand the icon for it -a bug with one eye and six legs- ugh sorry guys I know I'm a chic but c'mon!! I dont expect a rose icon but something a little nicer! And also email notifier app which is a pop up only works with k 9..

DroidForums Junkie!!

AngryHatter

Reaction score
That was easy. I tried all my accounts, Gmail, Hotmail a pop3 and an exchange account. All worked flawlessly.
So I ponied up the $18.
That was well worth it.

Janet1025

Reaction score

Ooh that would be great please help!! Also I'm not rooted can you still help? Thanks again!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes ma'am! :)
What would you like it to be?

Ooh that would be great please help!! Also I'm not rooted can you still help? Thanks again!

DroidForums Junkie!!

kevdog

Reaction score
k9 (imap) with apg (Android Privacy Guard) has always worked for me very well if I need to send a letter or receive a letter with encryption. The creator of apg does respond to emails although it takes maybe a day or so. I would recommend it however since all the other gpg/pgp apps I tried were crap.

Janet1025

Reaction score

Janet1025

Reaction score