Email, Maildroid vs k-9 "spell check"?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by pulgoki, Feb 18, 2011.

1. pulgoki

pulgoki New Member

Im not really looking for a battle of the email clients. It seems that k-9 is the more popular email client.

What I have noticed according to the feature list, is that maildroid supposedly comes with a spell checker. Does K-9 come with this feature?

Spell checking emails is rather important to me so I am looking for a mail client that I can use which either features a spell checker or that I can find a spell checker to use along side of.

Thanks.

P.S. How do I save mp3 attachments or .wav attachments from my mail client? Is that at all possible?
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

K-9 does everything that you would expect of an email client including spell check. I switched from months and months of using K-9 to Gmail for all my email needs. I get my Gmail and my pop3 accounts through it now. It is much better than the pop3 clients in my opinion.

Also, if I remember correctly, all the email clients are free so it's easy to play around with them and find the one you like.
  3. pulgoki

pulgoki New Member

yes! they are free. I am just trying to make wise decisions prior to installing a bunch of applications.. I notice that some leave remnants. :D

Ive read that k-9 is more stable. I may try that one out rather than maildroid. Especially since it has spell check.

I read that you need a file manager to save attachments such as mp3 or other to your SD card? Is this a simple process. How do the two work together? (mail client and file manager).
  4. pulgoki

pulgoki New Member

I installed K9 today and did not see a spell checker.
  5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Oh, sorry - like I said it's been a long time since I used it. The spell checker is part of the keyboard you use. There are some good ones you can download from the market.
  6. pulgoki

pulgoki New Member

Thats ok.. I played with K-9 for a while and really liked it. So many options that it became a little confusing. It has a very good look and feel to it.

I then installed maildroid and played with it as well. I liked the look and feel of k-9 better but maildroid was much easier to set up. There werent quite as many options but there are plenty for me. :D It also has built in spell checking which is a huge bonus for me.

The only thing that I didnt care for was that in k-9 i could use astro file manager where with maildroid it is particular about which file manager you use. Sounds like it is no fault of the developer at this point. It does use ES file manager which I think is ok.
Search tags for this page
android email client with spell check
android email client with spell checker
how to spell k9
is there a spell check feature on k-9 mail?.
k-9 spell check android

k9 mail spell check

k9 spell check

maildroid spell check

spell check gmail mobile
spell check k9
spell checker for k9 mail
spelling for k9