K-9 Mail can not send email

Cairo

Reaction score
I changed both accounts to "mark as Read" as you instructed.

No Google Voice or Verizon voice programs.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sending email issue: What providers? Did you delete the stock email account?

Showing up on phone, gone from PC.. that's an option in the settings.

Post back your providers, your setup for smtp, if you deleted the stock email client. I'll also find the option for you to make sure the email stays on the server so you can see it on the PC and the phone.

I have two email accounts I need to have access to. One is through Charter Cable. The other is through Go-Daddy

I deleted the Stock email accounts

Posted by kramerica on a different forum (I just copied and pasted it over)
1st off, I was having a massive problem setting up my Charter Email Account. Error was on the Outgoing portion and it was getting frustrating.

2nd, after searching a few forums, I found this on a Verizon forum and want to make sure that Beetle from that forum gets proper credit that fixed my problem (as it is massively different that what the instructions and troubleshooting did). If he got it from somewhere else, I apologize, but he got me what I needed so I give him the credit.

Here are the instructions and if you follow them to the letter, you will solve your Charter email problem and get the POP3 email setup properly:

"IGNORE what Charter said the address is for Incoming and Outbound. pop.charter.net and smtp.charter.net will ONLY allow you to RECEIVE, when you try to compose, reply, reply all, forward, you will get a error, and it will NOT go out.

the correct settings should be:

Mail Type: POP
Incoming Mail Server: mail.charterinternet.com
Username: [email protected] (first part of your email address DO NOT omit the @charter.net)
Password: whatever the password is to access the charter email account
Port: 110
Encryption: None

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.charterinternet.com
Authentication: ON
Username: [email protected] (first part of your email address DO NOT omit the @charter.net)
Password: whatever the password is to access the charter email account
Port: 25
Encryption: none"

I got this to work on my Droid, so again, I couldn't be more grateful and hope this helps with those having similar troubles.

If that works we will move onto GoDaddy which I am guessing needs to be setup as an IMAP instead of a POP3

Cairo

Reaction score
OK That worked for Charter. I sent a test message to my other email account. I'll be darned... wow. I'm happy! Thank you!

Although it did not show up on my phone...

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I changed both accounts to "mark as Read" as you instructed.

No Google Voice or Verizon voice programs.

OK this may be something I am unfamiliar with. Good opportunity to learn though. :) How are you listening to your voice mails? Reason I ask, I use Verizon Voice and it makes a file (never checked the format though) I can listen to from a nice UI (User Interface). Google Voice does tha same via an email through Gmail where you could listen to the file or read it.

Cairo

Reaction score
It's an issue separate from K9. I'll deal with it later

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK That worked for Charter. I sent a test message to my other email account. I'll be darned... wow. I'm happy! Thank you!

Although it did not show up on my phone...

knocking em out 1 at a time..lol

So you can send an email on Charter now but that email only shows up on the PC and not the phone right?

Cairo

Reaction score
Yes. I sent an email from my charter account to my go-daddy account. It showed up on PC, not phone

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Cairo

Reaction score
OK seems to be working now. I checked "Security Type" as "NONE" and used port 80.

Thanks so much!!!! People like you make forums like these so great

Now if I could only get my complete signature in there instead of a single line. Ideally I'd very much like to have our company logo (graphic) in my signature.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK seems to be working now. I checked "Security Type" as "NONE" and used port 80.

Thanks so much!!!! People like you make forums like these so great

Now if I could only get my complete signature in there instead of a single line. Ideally I'd very much like to have our company logo (graphic) in my signature.

I got some ideas for that. Never used a signature before so I'ma have to mess with it for about 10 minutes to see the possibility.

Also, you are welcome. Thanks for the compliment :)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, yeah, I don't know. You can't paste an image in there, you can't add an image in there. Maybe you could setup some kind of thing where it pulls from the internet? Like on your phone it says www.companyx.com/image.jpg but on whoever sees the email side it just shows the image.jpg file. I'm not sure that's even possible to do, I am just searching my brain for avenues.

I mean you can get more than a single line in there. I just can't come to grips with how to put an image in there.

You can also setup identities so like, if you are at work it could say

John Smith
Company X
P: 555-1212
F:555-2121
Email: [email protected]

ANd if you were just emailing a friend or something it could say

John Smith
Hey what's up.

Cairo

Reaction score
I trird getting more than a single line in there and ot would not let me. Also, how do I know that I have the latest version of K9?

Thanks!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I trird getting more than a single line in there and ot would not let me. Also, how do I know that I have the latest version of K9?

Thanks!

Latest Version (of anything) Go into the market, hit menu button. Selcet downloads. If anything says "update" instead of installed, purchased, etc.. then update it. :)

Let me see about the signature.. 1 minute.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok I setup a sig and tested it. Works fine. I have 4 lines.

Menu button >more>settings>account settings>Composistion Defaults

Fill our "your name", "your email address" and check use signature.

in the signature box, erase all the "sent from k9..etc.."

Put in (I did anyway)

"Josh Smith" and then hit the return button (the arrow pointing to the left on the right side under the delete key)
"Company X" hit return
"513-555-1212" hit return
blah@somewhere .com hit return

Came up as 4 lines when I sent it to myself and checked it on the computer

Cairo

Reaction score
I can't do this. I've tried three times now. I hit the arrow to move cursor to the next line and all it does is advance the cursor along that same line