just rooted......now what?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I just rooted my Razr Maxx using the 1.82 method. I am still on ICS 4.04. I would like to get JB on my phone without losing foxfi/PdaNet. Things seem a lot more confusing since the og Droid. I remember just downloading the zip file, booting into recovery, wiping data, and flashing the rom (about once a day.......good times) .

Do I need to flash the December leak to get stock JB, then flash roms over that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a little confused trying to get caught up.

Thanks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I just rooted my Razr Maxx using the 1.82 method. I am still on ICS 4.04. I would like to get JB on my phone without losing foxfi/PdaNet. Things seem a lot more confusing since the og Droid. I remember just downloading the zip file, booting into recovery, wiping data, and flashing the rom (about once a day.......good times) .

Do I need to flash the December leak to get stock JB, then flash roms over that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a little confused trying to get caught up.

Thanks

Check out this thread Bang Pow Boom...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html

It should give you lots & lots of info on what's the best direction to go. I don't think foxfi or pda will work with JB but you can get hotspot being rooted by doing the entitlement hack.

To get stock JB as in the official OTA JB, you will need to make sure you are on the .211 ICS build. Use voodoo root keeper to protect root, then temp unroot while you get the JB update, then restore root after.
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Phreaker47

Reaction score
You now have the opportunity to use the new version of the Razr Utility:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...t912-jellybean-windows-mac-linux-all-one.html

Makes life easy.

Most of us, I think, are sticking with stock rooted these days rather than custom roms... with a locked bootloader, custom ROMS are a little more risky. Plus, stock JB is simply good... I've had no reason to pine for a custom ROM at all.

You'll notice the difference from ICS to JB. Very fast and smooth UI all around.

I'm using the entitlement hack myself. It simply unlocks the baked-in tethering function. No more extra app needed.

HBANG

Reaction score
Unless I am missing somethingTethering on my razor hd xt 925 rooted worked out of the box on 4.1 with built in settings, and it still works now with UL bootloader, root and JB 4.1.2 stock :icon_ lala: