HELP please! May have bricked Droid Razr Maxx

cjohnson419

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post and I am freaking out with my phone right now.

Brief history
* Phone originally rooted on GB year ago
* had issues with device and OTA updates not working (due to root)
* several attempts to flash new rom didnt work
* attempt flash to JB caused screen flickering issue

What I did:
* Used matts utility to take to Stock GB
* Ran OTA updates successfully from GB to ICS then to JB
Success! everything was great! except my contacts wouldnt import from titanium backup (said it was older rom and didnt recommend restoring)

Wanted my contacts back so was told I could just revert to GB, get contacts, then go back to JB.
At first I was hesitant, but I took their advise and gave it a go.

Used matts utility to flash back to GB (from JB) and got "infopreflash validation failure" on several of the lines

NOW.. phone stuck on M screen, wont go any further.
Held power and both VOL key and went to recovery, got the red triangle, then pressed both VOL keys which is supposed to take to recovery, and it does nothing.
Had tried cache wipe with matts utility too,

Im totally stuck! Phone will not boot past the M and i dont know where to go next, Been working on this for days and had finally got JB and then made it worse.. I use my phone for business and need the info on it.

My next fear is the longer i work on it the more battery will be used and it wont charge battery, then im super screwed.

So stressed about this, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
can you get to the screen where you choose "recovery", "ap fastboot" etc? if you can, choose ap fastboot then use matts utility to flash jb.
if that works, your contacts should sync back from your google account, not sure why you needed a backup.

OP
C

cjohnson419

Reaction score
can you get to the screen where you choose "recovery", "ap fastboot" etc? if you can, choose ap fastboot then use matts utility to flash jb.
if that works, your contacts should sync back from your google account, not sure why you needed a backup.

thought i read that JB couldnt be flashed on AP Fastboot?
i tried the Blur file for jellybean with RSD and that didnt work.

The infopreflash validation failure is happening on write boot and write recovery. I did not unroot prior to flashing, maybe that caused it.

Still working on it, appreciate the help. Can you confirm JB can be installed with fastboot? link?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Also since your on JB, at the red triangle the button combo will be different. Try holding volume down and then pressing volume up. That should get you to stock recovery.

But, as said above, just get to fast boot mode and fastboot JB again.

Sent from my Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
You tried going back to GB from JB. Not possible.

OP
C

cjohnson419

Reaction score
screen shot

2013-06-24_1850.png

OP
C

cjohnson419

Reaction score
wait.. might be progress.. after wiping/factory reset in recovery mode, i still got that screen capture, but its booting up with a green droid and blue spinny box, crossing fingers!!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
thought i read that JB couldnt be flashed on AP Fastboot?
i tried the Blur file for jellybean with RSD and that didnt work.

The infopreflash validation failure is happening on write boot and write recovery. I did not unroot prior to flashing, maybe that caused it.

Still working on it, appreciate the help. Can you confirm JB can be installed with fastboot? link?

try to use the utility, it doesnt work the same as rsd

OP
C

cjohnson419

Reaction score
nope, stuck at black screen, read some where could not downgrade from JB to GB, maybe thats the issue? (i was trying to install 6.12.181 stock.

OP
C

cjohnson419

Reaction score
You tried going back to GB from JB. Not possible.

ya if i knew that then what i know now., lol.. what do I do from here? is it toast? any AP fastbook for JB? the blur file says an error on decompress with RSD

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
as cliff said, you can not go from jb backwards, thats why there are failures in the screen shot, because of the locked boot loader. it will never boot now until you flash jb back

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
ya if i knew that then what i know now., lol.. what do I do from here? is it toast? any AP fastbook for JB? the blur file says an error on decompress with RSD

let me look around and see if i can find another file or something to fix this mess lol