Just rooted...now better reception??

theragu40

Reaction score
Hey all, I just rooted my phone last night using z4root (which was something I found on these forums and found to be simpler than I could even have imagined, so thank you!).

So far I'm enjoying the increased freedom and have installed a few of the obligatory root apps such as Titanium Backup.

But an odd side effect seems to be that my signal strength is markedly more consistent. My one disappointment to this point with my X is that my signal frequently yo-yos, and I am almost entirely unable to hold a phone conversation in my basement as a result. Talking on the phone anywhere in my house generally leaves me susceptible to at least poor call quality, if not dropped calls entirely. Yet since rooting I have noticed much more consistent bars, and I was able to hold a 5+ minute conversation from my basement while walking around, which would have been completely unheard of less than 2 days ago.

So...am I crazy? Is there anything that rooting would have done that would be causing this glorious result? Or did Verizon finally decided to make their towers not suck in my hometown at the exact same time as I rooted my phone?

Thanks all! :)

Last edited:

KSR

Reaction score
Well I heard of Verizon trying to better their service and add 4G, so maybe that's why? I'm unrooted so I wouldn't know about none of that. xD

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App