Just Picked Up The Droid

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
It has a bit of a learning curve and right off the bat I'm going to have to figure out why its not mounting on XP via USB, while I'm searching for the rest of my contacts.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
pull down the shade and click on the usb. Then click mount. Should be good

frankieg22x

Reaction score
adding contacts is easiest by saving the file to your gmail account and uploading it.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
i wonder if your sd is mounted in your phone...

go into settings and then click on sd card & phone storage. Does it have an option to mount the sd?

OP
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
i wonder if your sd is mounted in your phone...

go into settings and then click on sd card & phone storage. Does it have an option to mount the sd?

Interestingly enough its not seeing the SD Card. This would probably explain why I only have a few of my contacts listed instead off all of them. I called the rep, he walked me through the Import process and it appears the phone isn't seeing the SD Card (SD Card Not Detected).

I'm able to charge the phone (via USB) and unmount/disconnect it from the Remove Hardware icon (But it does not appear in the Hard Disk Drive Listing). He ask that I come back to the store so he can look at it. I'll update you upon my return.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums BuzWeaver

I'd recommend you restart your computer first.

Now get on your Droid go to settings, look for the SD card section, unmount the disk and then click on format. After thats done take a picture, if you can't powercycle the phone and try again.

After you take the pic connect the Droid to the computer tell the Droid to mount the SD for the USB function.

If that doesn't work pull the battery and reinstall the the SD card and do the steps over again from unmounting to formating to taking a pic etc.

This should work

OP
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver

Reaction score

Now get on your Droid go to settings, look for the SD card section, unmount the disk and then click on format. After thats done take a picture, if you can't powercycle the phone and try again.

After you take the pic connect the Droid to the computer tell the Droid to mount the SD for the USB function.

If that doesn't work pull the battery and reinstall the the SD card and do the steps over again from unmounting to formating to taking a pic etc.

This should work

Won't formating remove my Contacts?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

This should work

Contacts are sync'ed with the Gmail account you used when signing up....They will push back.

OP
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver

Reaction score

This should work

Contacts are sync'ed with the Gmail account you used when signing up....They will push back.

I see, it just seems strange that I can connect all my other USB devices and they mount with no problems, with the exception of the Droid. I don't suppose it has anything to do with the new Firmware? I'm running the 2.0.1. I'll give the format a try.

OP
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
I called Tech Support, they suggested it was a bad SD Card so I went back to the Verizon store and they replaced SD Card. Came home and my computer is not seeing creating a Mobile Phone pathway folder. I plugged it into another unit and it populates as Mobile Device and is mountable.

Unless I've disabled something in Services the computer should generate a Mobile Device. When I use my Flash Drives, GPS or Camera the computer sees them and creates a Drive Pathway for them, not with the Droid.

OP
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
Finally figured it out, it was my Acronis Home software (disk management). It apparently was trying to manage the SD disk volume and didn't know what the Droid (format) was. Even going into disk manage and assigning the Droid a drive letter wouldn't work, but removing Acronis did the trick (what a pain).

When I would go to Device Manager I was getting a conflict exclamation indicating an Unknown Volume Drive for the Droid. It was at that point it dawned on me that it was probably the darn Acronis software.