Just Picked Up The Droid

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by BuzWeaver, Jan 2, 2010.

1. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver New Member

It has a bit of a learning curve and right off the bat I'm going to have to figure out why its not mounting on XP via USB, while I'm searching for the rest of my contacts.
  2. frankieg22x

frankieg22x New Member

pull down the shade and click on the usb. Then click mount. Should be good
  3. frankieg22x

frankieg22x New Member

adding contacts is easiest by saving the file to your gmail account and uploading it.
  4. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver New Member

Yep, tried that, ironically it shows as unmountable, but doesn't show up as an additional drive for data transfer.
  5. frankieg22x

frankieg22x New Member

i wonder if your sd is mounted in your phone...

go into settings and then click on sd card & phone storage. Does it have an option to mount the sd?
  6. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver New Member

Interestingly enough its not seeing the SD Card. This would probably explain why I only have a few of my contacts listed instead off all of them. I called the rep, he walked me through the Import process and it appears the phone isn't seeing the SD Card (SD Card Not Detected).

I'm able to charge the phone (via USB) and unmount/disconnect it from the Remove Hardware icon (But it does not appear in the Hard Disk Drive Listing). He ask that I come back to the store so he can look at it. I'll update you upon my return.
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums BuzWeaver

I'd recommend you restart your computer first.

Now get on your Droid go to settings, look for the SD card section, unmount the disk and then click on format. After thats done take a picture, if you can't powercycle the phone and try again.

After you take the pic connect the Droid to the computer tell the Droid to mount the SD for the USB function.

If that doesn't work pull the battery and reinstall the the SD card and do the steps over again from unmounting to formating to taking a pic etc.

This should work
  8. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver New Member

Won't formating remove my Contacts?
  9. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Contacts are sync'ed with the Gmail account you used when signing up....They will push back.
  10. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver New Member

I see, it just seems strange that I can connect all my other USB devices and they mount with no problems, with the exception of the Droid. I don't suppose it has anything to do with the new Firmware? I'm running the 2.0.1. I'll give the format a try.
  11. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver New Member

I called Tech Support, they suggested it was a bad SD Card so I went back to the Verizon store and they replaced SD Card. Came home and my computer is not seeing creating a Mobile Phone pathway folder. I plugged it into another unit and it populates as Mobile Device and is mountable.

Unless I've disabled something in Services the computer should generate a Mobile Device. When I use my Flash Drives, GPS or Camera the computer sees them and creates a Drive Pathway for them, not with the Droid.
  12. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver New Member

Finally figured it out, it was my Acronis Home software (disk management). It apparently was trying to manage the SD disk volume and didn't know what the Droid (format) was. Even going into disk manage and assigning the Droid a drive letter wouldn't work, but removing Acronis did the trick (what a pain).

When I would go to Device Manager I was getting a conflict exclamation indicating an Unknown Volume Drive for the Droid. It was at that point it dawned on me that it was probably the darn Acronis software.