Just got the OTA update for my Nexus.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still, just one person reported in here that has recieved the update?
Hmmmmm....
I know there's more then one person with that Baseband number on this site.My Baseband number i515.09 V.EK05/I515.EK02.Ill be glad when this number rolls around.

Last edited:

FHATDAWUCK

Reaction score
Settings->About phone->System updates->Check now...Your system is currently up to date
Settings->About phone->System updates->Check now...Your system is currently up to date
:p

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
:p
I dont get it :blink:.

HikenGruven

Reaction score
Once Verizon confirmed it, I flashed back to stock for it. My ROM experience was ok, but the phone has been weird lately (green matrix looking screens, requiring battery pulls for at least five minutes, etc.). Just in case it goes out, I wanted to be able to take it in for warranty. I miss those new radios already.

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
Still, just one person reported in here that has recieved the update?
Hmmmmm....

That's funny, after posting an image of the system update you doubt I'm being truthful. I do not know how to hack this phone. When the Droid X was updated to gingerbread my brother in law got it a week before my phone got the prompt to update. When I finally did get the prompt I was busy and clicked install later, I tried to manually install the update a couple hours later and it said my phone was up to date. It was about 48 hours later before the prompt popped up again and I got the update, which is why in my op I said I carefully selected update now.

billyk

Reaction score
That's funny, after posting an image of the system update you doubt I'm being truthful. I do not know how to hack this phone. When the Droid X was updated to gingerbread my brother in law got it a week before my phone got the prompt to update. When I finally did get the prompt I was busy and clicked install later, I tried to manually install the update a couple hours later and it said my phone was up to date. It was about 48 hours later before the prompt popped up again and I got the update, which is why in my op I said I carefully selected update now.

No worries - I wasn't questioning anyone's truthfulness, but rather wondering why it's so slow, we are getting no other reports across the entire day here on DF. But, there are plenty of reports on XDA, so the VZW OTA push look like it's more than one person today. :)

Enjoy it. Just b/c I am watchful, it'll take another couple of weeks for my update to come along. That's how things like this seem to go!

Fightnfire

Reaction score
Just wanted to additionally confirm via an email from VZW. Sounds like they are going really slow with this for some reason..

"Dear Luke,

Thanks for contacting Verizon Wireless regarding the software update rollout for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. My name is Frank I know it can be frustrating knowing an update exists and you haven't been able to take advantage of it yet. Let me explain the current status of the Android 4.0.4 update.

The good news is that we officially started rolling out the Android 4.0.4 update on May 30, 2012 and you should be prompted to upgrade in the next three to four weeks. I understand this could result in having to wait longer than anticipated for this update. The other good news is you can pull the software update to your device 10 days after the software's effective date of May 30, 2012. As Rashad stated earlier, you can do this by going to your settings and selecting "about phone", then "system updates." Lastly, you'd select "check now." We do not have a list that controls who gets the update pushed to them first but as I stated above, you can pull it to your device no later than 10 days from its release.

I'm confident the information provided will help better explain the update process. Thanks again for contacting Verizon Wireless. We truly value your business and loyalty.

Sincerely,

Frank
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service"

Last edited:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to additionally confirm via an email from VZW. Sounds like they are going really slow with this for some reason..

"Dear Luke,

Thanks for contacting Verizon Wireless regarding the software update rollout for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. My name is Frank I know it can be frustrating knowing an update exists and you haven't been able to take advantage of it yet. Let me explain the current status of the Android 4.0.4 update.

The good news is that we officially started rolling out the Android 4.0.4 update on May 30, 2012 and you should be prompted to upgrade in the next three to four weeks. I understand this could result in having to wait longer than anticipated for this update. The other good news is you can pull the software update to your device 10 days after the software's effective date of May 30, 2012. As Rashad stated earlier, you can do this by going to your settings and selecting "about phone", then "system updates." Lastly, you'd select "check now." We do not have a list that controls who gets the update pushed to them first but as I stated above, you can pull it to your device no later than 10 days from its release.

I'm confident the information provided will help better explain the update process. Thanks again for contacting Verizon Wireless. We truly value your business and loyalty.

Sincerely,

Frank
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service"
So you'll be able to celebrate your update with fireworks :yahoo:

Badbird2000

Reaction score
Crankintopwater69 said:
I was joking.Just bored,waiting on update.Tired OF going to settings-about phone-Your phone is up to date-I SCREAM AT IT,NO YOUR NOT!!!
Lol..I have been doing the same thing..my wife thinks I have slipped a cog..

HikenGruven

Reaction score
The other good news is you can pull the software update to your device 10 days after the software's effective date of May 30, 2012. As Rashad stated earlier, you can do this by going to your settings and selecting "about phone", then "system updates." Lastly, you'd select "check now."

So worst case scenario, I need to wait until June 9th. Unless they mean business days and I wait until June 13.