Just got the OTA update for my Nexus.

Reaction score
Just wanted to additionally confirm via an email from VZW. Sounds like they are going really slow with this for some reason..

"Dear Luke,

Thanks for contacting Verizon Wireless regarding the software update rollout for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. My name is Frank I know it can be frustrating knowing an update exists and you haven't been able to take advantage of it yet. Let me explain the current status of the Android 4.0.4 update.

The good news is that we officially started rolling out the Android 4.0.4 update on May 30, 2012 and you should be prompted to upgrade in the next three to four weeks. I understand this could result in having to wait longer than anticipated for this update. The other good news is you can pull the software update to your device 10 days after the software's effective date of May 30, 2012. As Rashad stated earlier, you can do this by going to your settings and selecting "about phone", then "system updates." Lastly, you'd select "check now." We do not have a list that controls who gets the update pushed to them first but as I stated above, you can pull it to your device no later than 10 days from its release.

I'm confident the information provided will help better explain the update process. Thanks again for contacting Verizon Wireless. We truly value your business and loyalty.

Sincerely,

Frank
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service"

just more vzw cust serv nonsense. i say that because we've all been "pulling" for the update via settings and no one's gotten it by doing that.

Lyrandian

Reaction score
just more vzw cust serv nonsense. i say that because we've all been "pulling" for the update via settings and no one's gotten it by doing that.
The reps don't have a great track record for being right, but that's got nothing to do with the rest of us not getting the update. If your phone's SN isn't on the list of phones that are being pushed the upgrade, no amount of forced checking is going to change that. When they say "no later than" they mean you can get it manually starting ten days after the official push at the latest, not that you'll be able to get it manually during those ten days. Whether or not that actually happens, who knows. I was always part of the first wave on my D1 and D2G, so waiting on this one is a new (and unpleasant) experience. I'd root, unlock, flash manually, etc, but I use GOOD for my work email and the re-provisioning process is a real pain, so I'm not willing to wipe the phone by unlocking the bootloader unless I have to. I've been lucky enough to get a good unit. Aside from the widespread handoff problems and lag on the screen rotation, it's been pretty rock solid.

Lyrandian

Reaction score
Femtocell Faking an "official" push

This just occurred to me. Since you can use a femtocell to intercept cellular traffic, strip SSL and do all sorts of unscrupulous things to a phone...I wonder if it would be possible to push the "update ready" notification directly to a phone and get it to upgrade early. The update file is already out on the servers, so downloading it isn't the issue. I have no idea how this sort of thing is pushed, if there's any authentication or anything else to prevent this. I don't have one any more, so I can't play around with it. Anyone have any experience with this?

timrock

Reaction score
you only need to check once a day. if you check in the morning and its not there, it wont be there in the afternoon or night. Its done on a daily basis.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try the Google Services Framework glitch. If you FC the Google Services Framework apk and then go to settings and pull the update, sometimes it pulls. I'd try it a few times as I've heard some on XDA have had success using it.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try the Google Services Framework glitch. If you FC the Google Services Framework apk and then go to settings and pull the update, sometimes it pulls. I'd try it a few times as I've heard some on XDA have had success using it.
Trying it now,nothin yet.But I stay the course.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Has there only been 1 (one) person so far that got the update?

sharpz

Reaction score
I just got the update after I cleared and forced closed the google services app.

sharpz

Reaction score
Yes I was stock and on 4.02. Phone seems to run pretty smooth now.