Just got the OTA update for my Nexus.

adam355

Reaction score
No it won't. You're off the upgrade path. The download file is from icl53f. It won't take unless you're on 4.0.2. The update might come to them, but it should fail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That update was reported to have hit phones ota. If thats the case those with that version should receive the new ota.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
That update was reported to have hit phones ota. If thats the case those with that version should receive the new ota.

Perhaps the OTA removes the ICL53F check, but the file that's floating around currently most certainly checks for the ICL53F radios, bootloader, and boot.img. If you aren't on it and try to flash that file you'll fail. Since I'm not awaiting the OTA (because I flashed IMM76K awhile ago), I can't say for certain.

timrock

Reaction score
Jonesboro Arkansas.

Also I did NOT get the update by manually checking, I went to look at my phone to check the time and when I took the phone out of sleep mode it had the update box asking if I wanted to install now or later. I carefully made sure to press install now lol!

can you give us any details on improvements?

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
timrock said:
can you give us any details on improvements?

I haven't really had much time to mess with it. I work 3rd shift so I got the update while on my break at work.

I've only been off work a couple hours and had a few things to do around the house. I'm about to go to sleep, I'm sure it will take a few days to notice any improvements.

Edit# One thing I can comment on is I was under the impression this update would increase the volume, I can say I can tell NO improvement in the ring/call volume.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't even remember what stock looks like. As far as i'm concerned i'll wait for the dev's to dissect this little morsel and incorporate it into their rom. With all there is out there for this device, I would be disappointing if I did receive the ota.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I don't even remember what stock looks like. As far as i'm concerned i'll wait for the dev's to dissect this little morsel and incorporate it into their rom. With all there is out there for this device, I would be disappointing if I did receive the ota.

Already dissected and inserted into most 4.0.4 roms..:)

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Already dissected and inserted into most 4.0.4 roms..:)

Yep. This update is just the binaries and radios for Verizon. This for folks who didn't want to unlock and are waiting on an OTA. The 4.0.4 fixes have been implemented into most (if not all) major ROMs.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Crankintopwater69 said:
They couldve givin us 4.0.5,I know its out there.

I don't think there is a 4.0.5 yet. I think the programer is trying to finish 4.0.4 now. Hopefully can get some time to start it. The 4.0.5 was a troll post only by

billyk

Reaction score
Still, just one person reported in here that has recieved the update?
Hmmmmm....