Ota ?

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Has anyone received the OTA 4.0.4 update officially? Or was that thread total BS on the news section????

Sent from my Googlaxus

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
It wasn't offically pushed by Verizon. It was just put back up on the server. My advice? If you really want the update, unlock and install it yourself.

Reaction score
The reports keep coming of Verizon telling people that it was started on May 24, but no one is reporting getting it.
I'm giving them until next weekend, then I'll be doing it myself.

Steve

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Want something more forgotten and even more of a bastard child to VZW than the Bionic?

Well nexus owners we are holding it in our hands.

No love at all from VZW, even the bionic had updates to fix problems at almost 6 months out!!!

:work1:

captdroid

Reaction score
DesktopDevin said:
Want something more forgotten and even more of a bastard child to VZW than the Bionic?

Well nexus owners we are holding it in our hands.

No love at all from VZW, even the bionic had updates to fix problems at almost 6 months out!!!

:work1:

Exactly why buying a locked up phone is risky.

Since the gnex is easily unlocked and rooted no point in waiting for any 'love' from Verizon.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Exactly why buying a locked up phone is risky.

Since the gnex is easily unlocked and rooted no point in waiting for any 'love' from Verizon.

I love this is being used as an excuse for the poor quality of signal that this phone gets.

I have run several roms and radios as I am no stranger to rooting, and applying kernals and radios.

Not to mention the false advertising of what hardware accesories that were going to be available for this failed phone that never became available or had a very cheap version quietly pushed on us .

You can put any rom on this failed phone and it does not help the signal quality at all which basically makes this phone almost useless. And speaking of failed phones they did their best to polish this one but not even all of that polishing changed it .... it's still a failed phone!!!

One that not even google will fully support it with the "almighty nexus direct updates from google" ...boy did I take that one hook,line, and sinker!

so lets hear it for the almighty 4g LTE orphan ...:hail: the VZW Nexus!!

You can do what you want with it because it doesn't connect to anything!!!!

PhilD

Reaction score
Want something more forgotten and even more of a bastard child to VZW than the Bionic? Well nexus owners we are holding it in our hands. No love at all from VZW, even the bionic had updates to fix problems at almost 6 months out!!! :work1:
i have always purchased motorola phones in the past, but, after my experience with the bionic, i will never buy another motorola phone that doesn't run vanilla android. my gnex works well, so either i got a good one or the towers in my area aren't infected with whatever...

ObieNobie

Reaction score
I love this is being used as an excuse for the poor quality of signal that this phone gets.

I have run several roms and radios as I am no stranger to rooting, and applying kernals and radios.

Not to mention the false advertising of what hardware accesories that were going to be available for this failed phone that never became available or had a very cheap version quietly pushed on us .

You can put any rom on this failed phone and it does not help the signal quality at all which basically makes this phone almost useless. And speaking of failed phones they did their best to polish this one but not even all of that polishing changed it .... it's still a failed phone!!!

One that not even google will fully support it with the "almighty nexus direct updates from google" ...boy did I take that one hook,line, and sinker!

Tell us more...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

???

Reaction score
DesktopDevin said:

I enjoyed reading your hate. I like a good rant from time to time

sadly I can't agree because me and the 3 other friends I know that have these nexus phones love them. Each of us coming from a different droid based phones before. They don't root and rom like me thou.

pretty much what I'm saying is sucks to be you. I like mine

as for failed phones, a different friend is stuck with a evo 3d on sprint. been thru 5 phones, his latest just flat out died and they still didn't want to send him a new one till they replaced the screen, called him to pick it up and it still wouldn't work, let alone give him a different model and he has almost full year left on contract. he's about ready to break contract and move back to att and an iPhone and be done with it.

That's a fail phone, when his brother has the old school evo and it's still on point, what like 3 years after release? htc is sorta on a down slop these days. The one X might be nice thou, don't know anyone with one yet thou.

oh and once verizon goes to if you use your upgrade discount, you lose your unlimited data, I have a feeling there will be a market for you to unload your fail phone to some guys looking for ok phone to switch too.

Reaction score

:beer2:

Riley

Reaction score
I was sorta hoping for the OTA......I ended up refreashing back to factory 4.02 without root, but staying unlocked in anticipation for a roll out....

Now I'm thinking I should just go back to ROMs and forget about VZW. :mad:

Reaction score
Riley said:
I was sorta hoping for the OTA......I ended up refreashing back to factory 4.02 without root, but staying unlocked in anticipation for a roll out....

Now I'm thinking I should just go back to ROMs and forget about VZW. :mad:

I was thinking about the same thing..going back to stock and see if we get the OTA..but I think I'm just gonna stay on AOKP..oh well

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I was thinking about going back to stock couple weeks ago when word about the OTA was coming. However, I put my all my trust in the developer community and figured it wasn't worth going back to stock to play the waiting game. I've turned to the developer community and will never look back again for Verizon to catch up.