Just got my rezound

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yea I should know better when it comes to updates. I should add about 2 months onto what they tell us.

redcedarme

Reaction score
Just got mine...

The FedEx man was here an hour ago, new Rezound is charging and I haven't turned it on yet.

I'm coming from an Eris, which was my first smartphone. My questions are (bear with me) ...

My contacts are all in Gmail. How do I get them back to the Rezound?

Can I transfer my apps?

Can I transfer my favorites (navigation)?

Thanks.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
First off welcome to the Rezound and thanks for joining DroidForums.

To get your contacts on the Rezound simply sign into Gmail or add a google account. My suggestion is to basically ignore the entire setup script. Get into the phone and add the account via Accounts/Sync in settings.

Apps you can transfer but I would suggest against it. You can see your history in the Google market and re-install the apps. You can backup the settings on your Eris with Titanium backup or mybackup.

If you use Google Maps for navigation, the favorites(starred locations) will come over similar to your contacts(once you sign into your google account)

redcedarme

Reaction score
Glad I double checked..

I just double checked my contacts in Gmail and a lot of them are there, but it seems like anyone I've added recently (last few months even) are NOT in there.

Being that the HTC Eris I am upgrading from does not run backup assistant, How do I transfer my contacts without losing any?

I know when i have added most people to my phone contacts the Eris asks me whether I'd like to add them to 'Phone' or 'Google'... I always chose 'Phone'

Verizon's site seems useless today, I keep getting blank pages??? (like this Back Button - JSP Page )

I'm almost ready to go to the store and hand them both phones... very frustrating!!!!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just double checked my contacts in Gmail and a lot of them are there, but it seems like anyone I've added recently (last few months even) are NOT in there.

Being that the HTC Eris I am upgrading from does not run backup assistant, How do I transfer my contacts without losing any?

I know when i have added most people to my phone contacts the Eris asks me whether I'd like to add them to 'Phone' or 'Google'... I always chose 'Phone'

Verizon's site seems useless today, I keep getting blank pages??? (like this Back Button - JSP Page )

I'm almost ready to go to the store and hand them both phones... very frustrating!!!!

Choosing phone is why your contacts aren't in Google. You can switch your contacts to Google or get one of the apps I listed earlier and back them up(just backup the contacts app and it should get them)

BAMA74

Reaction score
Welcome....love my Rezound!!!!

Sent from my HTC Rezound