Just got Droided!!! Go VZW customer service!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by qwiksilver711, Feb 10, 2010.

1. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

Hi, I had an upgrade date for 2/20, and been counting the days since the Droid came out, and with 10 days to go I couldn't take it anymore and called VZW, and got the best customer service I have ever had. I told her about the problems with my current phone (constant bad reception and shutting down). The lady put me on hold for around 8 minutes, after four of that she came back to let me know that she was getting a supervisor to make the change, put me back on hold for the rest of the time and came back to let me know I could go pick a droid up today. I went to my local best buy and got one no problem, they even price matched wal mart so i got it for 148.88. I am extremely impressed with the customer service at both best buy and most especially VZW! Oh, and my droid is sweet too, no chance to play with it yet, it sits there on my desk at work here taunting me.
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

:welcome:

It sounds like you were extremely lucky with VZW!!! Glad to here you like it though.....
  3. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

qwiksilver, welcome

question :): can you go to settings... about... can you tell us the firmware version? curious if they updated the in-store phones yet
  4. mudpro69

mudpro69 New Member

Welcome to the droid family. I know it is tearing you up having it just sit there. My wife ordered ours for Christmas (they arrived on Dec. 22nd) That woman wrapped them up and would not let me have it until Christmas day. Be patient...the Droid is worth the wait...
  5. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

sure, will have to wait for another 2 hours tho, not allowed to touch my phone at work

EDIT: while in store and putting my gmail info in it tried to do a system update, I said no because I was trying to put my gmail stuff in... any way to get that update again?
  6. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Welcome aboard! Now you can update your phone type in your profile here.

It will be interesting to see if the update it wants to do is for 2.01 or for 2.1
  7. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

OP: it will allow you again to download the update, no problem.

and it's definitely 2.0.1..
  8. joshua117

joshua117 New Member

First welcome:)

second my brother just got his the other day, they did the update in store and it was 2.0.1.

on a side not when he told me they did an update just after he got it i quickly grabed the phone out of his hands to see if it was 2.1.:biggrin: but no. a good thing too that might have pissed me off just a little.
  9. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

now i just gotta play with it a bit on break and lunch and figure out what sorta apps i need
  10. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

just checked, still at 2.0.1
  11. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats and welcome to the board!

Don't be afraid to ask questions, but please use the search function as to not clutter the boards (i have a couple times, so don't be afraid). Everyone around here if very helpful and will do their best to help fellow Droid owners.

Look forward to the 2.1 update rolling out this week too
  12. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

Just an FYI for you - and others who might not know. Verizon allows you to upgrade 30 days ahead of your 'due date.' At least they did for me. My date was in January, and I got my Droid in the beginning of December.
  13. streetkid

streetkid New Member

What!?, I'm due for my upgrade on Feb 14th and have been waiting patiently.. should I just go walk into my VZW store and ask?.. I went in some time in January and they told me I had to wait, not sure when that was..
  14. FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo Member

I bought my Droid a week or 10 days ago. I said I would never buy anything at a VZW store again, because you can always get the same thing cheaper at BB or Wal-Mart. But I gave the VZW store one more try. The Driod was still $199, but I got a $100 mail in rebate, making my final cost $99. BB was cheaper out the door but not doing any rebate at the time.
  15. BradDroid

BradDroid New Member

I would certainly try. :)

I like hearing good stories like this. Nothing worse than taking the plunge only to find out the cs sucks. Ruins the whole experience.
  16. streetkid

streetkid New Member

Narf, just called. They said they could get me the phone for $299 with a $100 rebate. She suggested I wait till I'm actually eligible (4 days) and I could get it online for 199 - 50 new every 2 and just pay 150 up front... unfortunately I have more time than I do money.. looks like I'm waiting.
  17. deputc26

deputc26 New Member

Not bad....
  18. victoriac

victoriac New Member

Wow, I really have to thank you, I got my Droid at Best Buy last night and always forget about the price matching thing. I paid $199, so I just called and they told me to bring my receipt because Walmart is still at 148.88 and they are going to give me a price adjustment, so thank you, thank you, thank you :)
  19. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

no problem, i liked it because now i can buy 50 dollars worth of apps before the wife complains, cuz we budgeted for a 200 dollar phone
  20. k3ith29

k3ith29 New Member

January 31st was the date I was supposed to be eligible for a new phone. I too got really impatient. Well my last phone broke and would not charge anymore. So I thought "screw it I cant wait, Im paying full price for the phone".

I went into the verizon store, told them the problems with my phone. They said "well we can replace it'. I said well honestly Im tierd of this phone and just want to go ahead and get the droid. She said "well you dont have to much longer to wait if you want to hold off and get the discounted price"

I said "well, to be honest I just want the droid bad and cant wait anymore" She said "give me a minute" About 10 minutes later she came back and said "tell you what, we will go ahead and let you upgrade early and get the discounted price"

Talk about GREAT NEWS I couldnt believe it! and this was DECEMBER 17th! I wasnt eligible for a new phone till january 31st!

Verizon has been awsome to me in the past with problems I had with other phones and this just topped it.
Search tags for this page
go vzw upgrade today
go vzw.com/upgradeearly
go.vzw.com

go.vzw.com/upgradetoday