Just got Droided!!! Go VZW customer service!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by qwiksilver711, Feb 10, 2010.

1. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah My Upgrade date was March 6, 10..I called Feb. 20 and asked if i could upgrade. I was put on hold and a supervisor gave me a new upgrade date 2-19 10. Kudos to them for doing that.

2. mr_goodwrench

mr_goodwrench New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was turned down at the Verizon corporate store today because my wife's line is 5 months away from early upgrade eligibility. Called Customer Service when I got home and after a little sweet talk and reminding them how long I have been with VZW, I was allowed to upgrade both lines and get the Droids at BOGO!! The only thing was that I couldn't get them at the store, had to have them ship to me, so I won't have them until Wednesday... I know how everyone complains about how dismal VZW Customer Service is, but I have never had an issue that wasn't resolved reasonably painlessly!

3. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It really sometimes depends on the agent, but most of the time, you treat them right, they take care of you. I do that same thing here at my job.

4. Jllaugh

Jllaugh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice! I laughed when I read this because I had the same experience. My upgrade was on the 27th of Feb and my old Pearl was dropping calls and randomly powering off. I called VZW and asked if we could expedite my upgrade and asked if I could pick up in a store. They said they could since I was within 30 days of my upgrade date, but just wouldn't be able to upgrade online.. I had to order over phone or go in to a store. They made a note on my account saying an early upgrade was fine and they directed me to the nearest VZW store.. That was a whole 3 weeks before I was due.

It's nice VZW actually seems to help people out.. cool!

5. whowland

whowland New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had the same thing happen, but we had a few months to go... We called VZW and they said no prob when every store said hell NO!! So we talked to them on the phone and had our Droids the next day, front door service... I won't go to a store anymore..

6. wsbsteven

wsbsteven Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got shot down by VZW over the phone on an early upgrade of a "feature phone" to the Droid. The upgrade date is in May and they would only give me 1 year pricing. I may try again and see what happens later.

7. Sam

Sam Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i would certainly try again.. it basically boils down to you paying them more money, they like that.

8. wsbsteven

wsbsteven Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried again and was successful. I told them I would be paying more money and have been a customer for years and it worked.

9. bronx finest

bronx finest Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Congrats on the pickup, Droid is awesome!

I went w/ a price match at BB for $100, and paid a $90 ETF on my other line rather than at the VZW store where the best price was $299 - $100 rebate. Then afterwards I learned that I could've just paid $199 through the site and kept my old number :(

Search tags for this page
go vzw upgrade today
go vzw.com/upgradeearly
go.vzw.com

go.vzw.com/upgradetoday