Just bought new Razr, doesn't even work.

creation7689

Reaction score
I just started to use my phone. I recieved it about 5 hours ago. At first, it was working ok except for the 4g. My phone was telling me that the account was not authorized for 4g and that I should power down and contact customer support. All I could get at the time was 3g. I decided to check for an update for a newer version of android and it successfully updated to a new version (v. 2.6). I finally got my 4g but it was pretty crappy. My 3g on my previous phone worked a lot better. Then I checked for another update and it found another one. I tried to update it. It turned off. Did its updating thing, and did not turn back on. So I turned it back on myself and BAM. No access to 3g/4g or even no access to the network as well. I got a message saying update unsucessful. I went to settings to do a factory reset it. When I turned it back on I got the startup menu telling me to "touch the andriod to begin". After touching it, its been stuck at the loading bar for about an hour and is still stuck there. It says "please wait, this may take a few minutes." Also there is still no access to any network. Im actually kinda really angry... Help pleaseeeeee.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I just started to use my phone. I recieved it about 5 hours ago. At first, it was working ok except for the 4g. My phone was telling me that the account was not authorized for 4g and that I should power down and contact customer support. All I could get at the time was 3g. I decided to check for an update for a newer version of android and it successfully updated to a new version (v. 2.6). I finally got my 4g but it was pretty crappy. My 3g on my previous phone worked a lot better. Then I checked for another update and it found another one. I tried to update it. It turned off. Did its updating thing, and did not turn back on. So I turned it back on myself and BAM. No access to 3g/4g or even no access to the network as well. I got a message saying update unsucessful. I went to settings to do a factory reset it. When I turned it back on I got the startup menu telling me to "touch the andriod to begin". After touching it, its been stuck at the loading bar for about an hour and is still stuck there. It says "please wait, this may take a few minutes." Also there is still no access to any network. Im actually kinda really angry... Help pleaseeeeee.

If you got the phone 5 hours before you had the trouble, did you charge it to 100% with power off first? I am curious if the failure may have had to do with low battery. I suggest you plug the charger into the phone, press and hold the power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds until three phone shuts down, and allow it to charge fully (100% on the large animated battery). Then try again. You may get to a full boot screen or you may be soft-bricked due to a failed update. There are ways to recover and a great utility written by a member here that makes it as easy as a menu selection.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

eddie7

Reaction score
Maybe you should have contacted customer support like it said instead of trying to update and reset the phone. Just saying.