Razr overheating and draining battery

sherimt

Reaction score
I got my RAZR in May and loved it for about 2 months...Then it started overheating and draining the battery. (A full charge to zero in an hour of standby, calling or texting excellerated that even). When plugged in it gets stuck at 5% and takes 12 hours to get to 100%. Verizon has warrantied it 3 times now in two months! Just got the new one while on vacation last week. Did the same thing right out of the box all week, suddenly Monday morning, it is cool to touch and is working properly. The previous three would do this randomly as well. I am in Wyoming and Verizon is working on switching to 4G. I was in New York last week and could not keep it charged and it was overheating when on....it was 4G. So initially I am thinking that the only thing that has remained constant in all 4 phones is my SIM card, but now that it is suddenly working yesterday and today could it be something with the 4G? Any help or thoughts....I love the phone when it is working....but am really over it on the overheating and no battery life. Thanks

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing constant is more than your SIM card, if you have back up it loads your contacts and apps as well. Have you checked for a rouge app running in the background?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums :) I'm originally from Billings MT..
Out side of the simcard which Lloyd talked about, and a rouge app..

The first thing i'd do is a factory data reset... are you running ics? 4.0.4?

And until 4g however s turned on I would go into settings, more, mobile networks, network mode, make sure its on lte/CDMA.

Now go onto the play store and download lte on/off. Its for a thunderbolt, but it works for razrs too..

Open it, there's a drop down menu right over the "turn off radio" button..select CDMA auto prl. Until your 4g is lit, this will help you out..

Once 4g is on, put that setting to lte/CDMA/evdo.

Hope this helps :)

OP
S

sherimt

Reaction score
I have checked Apps and so has the verizon store people all three times and they can't find any. I have everything turned off most of the time to eliminate battery draw (no wifi, no gps etc.) It randomly works (I would like to say it randomly happens, but it is overheated and not working more often than it is working). Verizon has warrantied my chargers, car and house and also my hands free. I don't dare download any Apps because they might burn battery. I think I have two downloaded....so it really makes paying for a smartphone kind of worthless. Thanks for the suggestion.