RazR system update, "download suspened. will resume shortly..."

fieryfeenix86

Reaction score
I started my stem update on my RAZR on 4/25. It never begun. It now says on my status bar, download suspended. Will resume shortly. . . .

I have turned my phone in and off, numerous times. I have checked for updates. I've tried wifi, 3G and 4G services. . . What's next????

OP
F

fieryfeenix86

Reaction score
I tried the soft reboot and safe mode with wifi, 3G, and 4G, all to no avail. The all still say download suspended. Will resume shortly. ..

SallyC

Reaction score
I tried the soft reboot and safe mode with wifi, 3G, and 4G, all to no avail. The all still say download suspended. Will resume shortly. ..

Did you do the "alternative" method of the soft reboot where you hold the volume down button and the power button together? This simulates a battery pull.

SallyC

Reaction score
Another thing that occurs to me, is that perhaps this isn't related to the update at all.

To rule out other things, go to Menu>Manage Apps>All and clear cache and data for your download programs (Play, Amazon, your web browser - whatever you use that might be trying to download.)

If none of this works, you might have to back up your data and do a Factory Reset.