Jelly Bean Update Failed

RobbyJ859

Reaction score
I saw the update notification and wasn't able to click "Download". Although, when I went to "System Update" it said that there was a file downloading and I would be notified when it was complete. Switched to Wi-Fi and a progress bar showed in my notification bar saying: "Download suspended. Will resume shortly...". I left it on Wi-Fi for about 20 minutes with no progress. Went back to 4G LTE... still no progress. So, I don't really know what's going on but, from what I read, this is JellyBean.

Now, it says that the update failed to download. When I go back to "System Updates" there is nothing there and it says my phone is "up to date".

Anyone else have the same issue? Or happen to know a fix?

IcyDroid

Reaction score
I just had the same thing happen as I was out and about. Came home to get on wifi and it stalled out, so I rebooted and everything is apparently "up to date".

OP
R

RobbyJ859

Reaction score
Yup, I rebooted since mine "lagged out" when I switched to Wi-Fi. Now, I get nothing. Verizon/Motorola took back their updates and now we're screwed (I have no idea if this is true. Just frustrated).

Trash Can

Reaction score
I got the update notification also. I turned on wifi, then proceeded to download. Weird thing is that there was nothing in the notification bar with regards to download progress, but when I clicked on "system update", it said download was in progress. After approx 30 min of nothing, I decided to do a FDR since I was going to do one anyway. My phone now says "up to date" even though no update was downloaded. My wife's Razr updated this morning without a hitch.

mybowtie

Reaction score
I started the update and bout 30 min said update failed go back to system update says phone is up to date when nothing updated

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Make sure if you're rooted that nothing is changed in /system/ such as frozen apps and bloatware etc...

Also try rebooting the phone if you haven't done so yet and making sure you have a good charge on the battery.

polarity0

Reaction score
Mine fully updated to Jelly Bean, but now Google Play won't run. Keeps crashing

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine fully updated to Jelly Bean, but now Google Play won't run. Keeps crashing

Reboot? May also try going into Apps in settings and clearing cache and force stop and then try and re-open.

Also, its typical to experience worse battery life after a major update. Give it time to condition itself.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Make sure if you're rooted that nothing is changed in /system/ such as frozen apps and bloatware etc...

Also try rebooting the phone if you haven't done so yet and making sure you have a good charge on the battery.

My phone (Maxx) was never rooted and battery had approx 60% charge. Also tried reboots. Still nothing. :confused:

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My phone (Maxx) was never rooted and battery had approx 60% charge. Also tried reboots. Still nothing. :confused:

Interesting... power down, pull SIM card, wait a few seconds, put back in and power back on. Then try it.

OP
R

RobbyJ859

Reaction score
I've never "rooted" mine in any way. So, not knowing what that term means, I would assume mine is not rooted. Although, I did contact Motorola in question of this new "update". I got a live chat going with a rep (I assume), asked my question, and have heard nothing back from them. Strange.....

OP
R

RobbyJ859

Reaction score
I've also tried rebooting two times with no luck :\

polarity0

Reaction score
Reboot? May also try going into Apps in settings and clearing cache and force stop and then try and re-open.

Also, its typical to experience worse battery life after a major update. Give it time to condition itself.

That worked thanks. Rebooted and it said optimizing 5 apps.

OP
R

RobbyJ859

Reaction score
Romella: We cannot tell if this is officially from Motorola since the site itself is a third party website.
chat_enduser_message.png
Rob: So all of the reports and evidence of a new OS are just invalid?
chat_enduser_message.png
Rob: How could so many people report the same update?
chat_agent.png
Romella: Let me see what we can find out.
chat_agent.png
Romella: Please stay on the line for a while.
chat_enduser_message.png
Rob: Of course.
chat_agent.png
Romella: Thanks.

**** Conversation between myself and some Motorola representative ****
Seems to me like they are trying to give me the shaft.