Juicedzombie theme

ksalce

Reaction score
Hey guys im not sure if you didn't know this already but I flashed the juicedzombie theme for 1.65 over 1.71 and everything worked perfect. None of the new features or bugs that were fixed were affected after flashing it also. All I did was clear cache and davlik and that was it. Im very happy because I love this theme and missed it after I flashed 1.71. Hopefully this helps some people who like this theme also. :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
I just did this and can confirm its working perfectly for me. Nice find!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Things may work perfectly, but you have downgraded any themed APKs to the 1.65 version if any changed between the two releases...same w/any build.prop edits included...the actual impact of any downgrades that may have happened would hopefully be minor, but there is some risk applying a theme for a previous ROM release over a later release.

C

Communisum

It seems to half work, only half of my dock icons are blue. And now my sync icon wont go away, I just froze it, but still irritating.

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
Like I said everything worked perfect for me. I have no sync icon stuck in the taskbar or any issues. No bugs showed back or anything. If anything changed after applying the theme, I have yet to notice it because my phone is performing the same way it was before I applied the theme. But it may be different for other phones im just saying mine has no problems.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like I said everything worked perfect for me. I have no sync icon stuck in the taskbar or any issues. No bugs showed back or anything. If anything changed after applying the theme, I have yet to notice it because my phone is performing the same way it was before I applied the theme. But it may be different for other phones im just saying mine has no problems.

Hopefully that will continue for you...folks do need to be aware that there is always potential for problems w/flashing old themes over newer ROMs. Only the theme developer/ROM developer can provide a fully reliable "all clear" to use an older theme on a newer ROM release.

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score

Hopefully that will continue for you...folks do need to be aware that there is always potential for problems w/flashing old themes over newer ROMs. Only the theme developer/ROM developer can provide a fully reliable "all clear" to use an older theme on a newer ROM release.

I was aware of the risk I was just curious if it would work. I probably should have stated in my op that risk so im sorry if anyone else tried it and it screwed things up for them. I made a backup before I applied the theme incase it screwed things up just incase so hopefully those that are having problems after applying the theme did also. Thanks for the information though seriously.

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Anyone messing with themes SHOULD just know by now to always do a backup especially when installing a theme that's not specifically designed for the rom. Its just basic procedure now. If someone flashed it and didn't make a backup they should go back to rooting 101 lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
I flashed the juicedzombie theme for 1.65 over 1.71 and everything worked perfect. None of the new features or bugs that were fixed were affected after flashing it also. All I did was clear cache and davlik and that was it. Im very happy because I love this theme and missed it after I flashed 1.71.

Thanks so much for this information , I was holding back on even updating to ZS 1.71 until I saw someone here posted there own ported juiced theme for 1.71, so I updated and started using that theme, but it was no where near as complete as the juiced themes I had used previously. Since the get go I wanted to try this and haven't found the time, just in case I end up in a boot loop etc, I will try what you posted tonight and post my results as well. Thank You.

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
I flashed the 1.65 theme over 1.71 also and all seems well at first however stuff def got downgraded... if u notice when u boot up the fone u dont get the camera sound nemore cause the video chat through google talk is gone again... alot of minor details also like that as well... bottom line is i reflashed 1.71 and am back to normal and am gonna wait til its ported for our exact ZS 1.71...

I didn't even notice that good call. Well for me at least, I don't use google talk at all so that's probably why I didn't notice it. I guess its all about personal preference. For me, nothing that I use on a daily basis was affected by applying the theme so for the people that do apply it, some may not notice anything (me) or some may find something different. For right now though until they release an official port, this is the only option if people want the juicedzombie theme on 1.71.