Juice defender

n813ca

Reaction score
Anyone have a generic step by step to set up Juice defender to help with the battery life?

Fault

Reaction score
Id like this aswell, Im only getting x1.01

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just hit the green enable button, make sure you don't kill it if using a task killer. The multiplier will go up with time.

Anthony 23

Reaction score
I downloaded the juice defender. My Hope is to help out my battery charge. The icon stays on in the tool bar. It says enabled.do I leave it enabled, and will this app improve my battery life?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used it for a long time and yes you just leave it alone in the task bar. It may improve your battery life but not super significantly. But enough to notice a difference.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

brisk21

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid x with set cpu installed. Is there any reason to install juice defender on top of that?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

J

Johnly

I never cared for it. It kills data that in turn kills apps. But if use wisely, maybe it is cool? I just use the power control widget that comes with the phone, and when I want to kill data, I do.

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
I've noticed some slight set-backs since installing Juice Defender, but it's improved my battery soooo much (for instance, without it I'd go a typical day of work and afterwards my battery would be in the yellow, if not red.....with juice defender I'm still at 60%!!!) I'm willing to make some sacrifices.

turdbogls

Reaction score
what does juice defender actually do? i have a dock at work, but any time i am away from my desk, i worry about battery (heavy user) may have to look into it.

Kidd_Funkadelic

Reaction score
what does juice defender actually do? i have a dock at work, but any time i am away from my desk, i worry about battery (heavy user) may have to look into it.

The short answer is it disables your data connection except for brief scheduled periods (default is every 15 minutes) to allow any apps & widgets to phone home and update. I love it and it's definitely been a big help. It is much more customizable that that though. So as long as you don't mind potential delays up to 15 minutes getting emails, it's a great app.

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Ok. I'm sure there is a thred, or lots of threds, about juice defender, but I didn't know about it until two days ago. I have the extended battery that usually lasts about two days and ends up at 30 percent by the end of the second day. I installed juice defender, and am now on 48 hours of phone use, and the battery is at 80 percent. HUGE difference.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Are you using free or paid version? What settings? Pretty good battery performance you are claiming!

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Its the free version and its set at aggressive. I don't use my phone as much as some people, but my battery life has doubled.

69copo

Reaction score
I to am using the free JD app and have noticed a difference but no as much as you are claiming. It might be because I don't have the extended battery yet. But I have JD set to aggressive with a threshold. I'm also using ZDBox and its set to kill apps when the screen locks (after 2min.) Of course if I could maintain 4G or even 3G I'm sure it would effect things quite differently I'm sure.