Z4Root

rwaustin

Reaction score
I am patiently waiting for the z4 for gingerbread. I just found juice defender and got it with my 4shared program. Juice seems to really help battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leonozug

Reaction score
It could be a long wait. You could always SBF back to .340 and install the two-part zips that give you rooted .596 Gingerbread.

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
I hate to sound stupid but what?

Beka27

Reaction score
What leonozug is saying is that it might take weeks or months for a one-click root method to be available for official GB. Or... there many never be one available.

There is a work-around if you want to have official .596 rooted GB. This would require a bit of research, some downloaded files, access to a computer, a fully charged battery, and maybe about an hour of your time. You would essentially take your phone to brand new out-of-box status and start over by manually installing the new operating system.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt that there will be an easy way to root the OTA Gingerbread now that the X is old news. I imagine that the X will start to lose developer support now that the X2 and the Droid 3 are out.

sent from my ApeX

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
Dam I hate technology sometimes. 59 years old and I am still working on the learning curve. Dam

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I highly doubt that there will be an easy way to root the OTA Gingerbread now that the X is old news. I imagine that the X will start to lose developer support now that the X2 and the Droid 3 are out.

sent from my ApeX

I wouldn't say that I mean cm7 just came to the X and the D2 thats pretty big I think. Honestly its worth the research because you get to know your phone better. Don't think that younger people think this is easy too! For some yes but others it really isn't.
Anyways in order to install the rooted version of tbh leak you'll have to sbf back to froyo then root with z4 then install the droid2 bootstrap and then you can reboot into recovery install the tbh zips and thats it. You can pay to download the tbh app in the market it'll give you the zips and other things that tbh release! great app and good way to get ahead if they release anything. You do have to pay but its worth it! Anyways just search around for the links I'm not at home so I can't provide the links :/ but I hope you find everything! Good luck!

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
You young whippersnapper. I was populating boards with memory before your father was a gleam in his fathers eye. So where does that put you?.
Sometimes I just want to pick up a black rotary phone and make a call. But they cannot be used any more because the technology is so old. I would mile my K pro back sometimes or even an apple 2E. And I hate apple.
Dam. Technology.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
You young whippersnapper. I was populating boards with memory before your father was a gleam in his fathers eye. So where does that put you?.

don't get if you were trying to come off as an *** but I was merely trying to help you if you don't like technology because its become too advanced for you then why not just go with a flip phone? it'll make your life easier and save you a lot of the hassle. Anyways if you don't want to do what we were suggesting to you then just stay with gb if not then give it a whirl.

btw don't complain if you got a phone you can't handle or don't understand some aspects of it. Just my .02

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X