1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Juice defender

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by brisk21, Jan 23, 2011.

1. brisk21

brisk21 New Member

I have a rooted droid x with set cpu installed. Is there any reason to install juice defender on top of that?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. Johnly

Johnly Guest

I never cared for it. It kills data that in turn kills apps. But if use wisely, maybe it is cool? I just use the power control widget that comes with the phone, and when I want to kill data, I do.
  3. brisk21

brisk21 New Member

I meant cpu tuner not set cpu.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. ZombieTurf

ZombieTurf New Member

I've noticed some slight set-backs since installing Juice Defender, but it's improved my battery soooo much (for instance, without it I'd go a typical day of work and afterwards my battery would be in the yellow, if not red.....with juice defender I'm still at 60%!!!) I'm willing to make some sacrifices.
  5. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

what does juice defender actually do? i have a dock at work, but any time i am away from my desk, i worry about battery (heavy user) may have to look into it.
  6. Kidd_Funkadelic

Kidd_Funkadelic New Member

The short answer is it disables your data connection except for brief scheduled periods (default is every 15 minutes) to allow any apps & widgets to phone home and update. I love it and it's definitely been a big help. It is much more customizable that that though. So as long as you don't mind potential delays up to 15 minutes getting emails, it's a great app.
Search tags for this page
cpu tuner vs juice defender

juice defender review

juice defender ultimate vs setcpu