1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Juice defender

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by brisk21, Jan 23, 2011.

1. brisk21

brisk21 New Member

I have a rooted droid x with set cpu installed. Is there any reason to install juice defender on top of that?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. Johnly

Johnly Guest

I never cared for it. It kills data that in turn kills apps. But if use wisely, maybe it is cool? I just use the power control widget that comes with the phone, and when I want to kill data, I do.
  3. brisk21

brisk21 New Member

I meant cpu tuner not set cpu.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. ZombieTurf

ZombieTurf New Member

I've noticed some slight set-backs since installing Juice Defender, but it's improved my battery soooo much (for instance, without it I'd go a typical day of work and afterwards my battery would be in the yellow, if not red.....with juice defender I'm still at 60%!!!) I'm willing to make some sacrifices.
  5. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

what does juice defender actually do? i have a dock at work, but any time i am away from my desk, i worry about battery (heavy user) may have to look into it.
  6. Kidd_Funkadelic

Kidd_Funkadelic New Member

The short answer is it disables your data connection except for brief scheduled periods (default is every 15 minutes) to allow any apps & widgets to phone home and update. I love it and it's definitely been a big help. It is much more customizable that that though. So as long as you don't mind potential delays up to 15 minutes getting emails, it's a great app.
Search tags for this page
cpu tuner vs juice defender

juice defender review

juice defender ultimate vs setcpu