1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Juice Defender/ new update

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cece5702, Aug 21, 2011.

1. cece5702

cece5702 Member

Has anyone noticed a difference in the battery lasting longer without using juice defender since the new update?

Sent from my DROIDX
  2. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

I tried disabling JD under 602, and my battery life went down faster than what I recall under Froyo. Sorry, can't compare 602 to 596 accurately, but I believe GB may not be the only reason... could be 1 or more of my installed apps.

Phone Idle and Cell Standby are the culprits. I need to use JD to get any kind of decent battery life out of this phone. Nothing like turning off data except for short bursts at 30-min intervals.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.
  3. ToadTheNewsense

ToadTheNewsense New Member

My experience thus far is that it doesn't seem to be making any noticeable difference either way for me. I don't have that many apps that push data, no live wallpaper, and very few widgets so, I may not have been using much idle power to begin with.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums