JRummy's Remix CyanMod 5.0.5.3 v.0.2 (3-25) *2 Themes / Script heaven*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gottaDROID

Reaction score
This runs SO much smoother than anything else I've tried! I have some problems with installing the scripts. No problems installing the rom. Quick and easy using Clockwork. Love the colors and detail, looks sharper. Get this on rom manager quick. Much appreciated!!!

Last edited:

gottaDROID

Reaction score
Tried this:
Su
#bluetheme

Here is what I get:
cp: cant stat 'sdcar/goodies/themes/bluethemes/browser.apk" : no such file or directory. Says this for a bunch of stuff and then on top of it I get the error saying " the process.com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly". I checked using astro: the file under goodies/themes/bluethemes has all the images as far as I could see

The only way out is to do a battery pull and reinstall. If i reboot it goes into infinite boot loop with boot animation.

I get this EXACT same thing

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tried this:
Su
#bluetheme

Here is what I get:
cp: cant stat 'sdcar/goodies/themes/bluethemes/browser.apk" : no such file or directory. Says this for a bunch of stuff and then on top of it I get the error saying " the process.com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly". I checked using astro: the file under goodies/themes/bluethemes has all the images as far as I could see

The only way out is to do a battery pull and reinstall. If i reboot it goes into infinite boot loop with boot animation.

Is your sdcard mounted when you are applying the theme (you don't want it to be or it will remove all your system apps and replace non of them)? You should get 1-2 force closes before the theme is finished but after the theme is finished there should be no fc. I have run the script probably 15 times with no problems.

stlcity

Reaction score
Tried this:
Su
#bluetheme

Here is what I get:

Is your sdcard mounted when you are applying the theme (you don't want it to be or it will remove all your system apps and replace non of them)? You should get 1-2 force closes before the theme is finished but after the theme is finished there should be no fc. I have run the script probably 15 times with no problems.

sd card was not mounted at all...infact the phone was not even connected with an USB.

1+ on getting it into Clockwork

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

sd card was not mounted at all...infact the phone was not even connected with an USB.

So you are getting this error: cp: cant stat 'sdcar/goodies/themes/bluethemes/browser.apk" : no such file or directory??

stlcity

Reaction score

So you are getting this error: cp: cant stat 'sdcar/goodies/themes/bluethemes/browser.apk" : no such file or directory??

Yes. it says the same thing about all files in the goodies. Using astro I was able to locate the files on my sd card though. Does not make any sense to me

renamer

Reaction score
I was running your 1200 kernel from mydroidworld without problem. I installed your high range LV kernel this morning, and it bootloops. I was able to revert to your older 1200 kernel without problem.

Any thoughts, or any diagnostics you'd like me to try?

Renamer Files

gottaDROID

Reaction score
So what's the correct way to type in the script(bluetheme) using terminal emulator? i Used Clockwork to install rom. Don't know thats an issue. Thanks

Last edited:

phenley

Reaction score
I was having problems with the phone turning on, but after about a minute freezing up and rebooting yesterday and it was the worlds most irritating thing. But just reinstalled and just never touched jit, and now it runs perfectly with no decrease in performance. I'm using Adams lv kernel. Anyone been using a kernel that is more stable with jit, but also stays cool?

Invader DJ

Reaction score
This this ROM, it has actually changed how I feel about Cyanogen because before I wasn't impressed.

The scripts have all worked for me. I removed the Corporate Calendar and email app with no real problems (I did get an error about a directory not being mounted, but it worked fine). I was also able to swap to the blue theme. It gave me some force closes hole it was running the script. But after the reboot it works perfectly.

I would love to see this on the ROM manager as well, I'm loving it so far.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yes. it says the same thing about all files in the goodies. Using astro I was able to locate the files on my sd card though. Does not make any sense to me

hmmm... I really want this to be smooth for everyone. If you did get that error then it means it couldn't find the directory to copy the apps into your system folder. The possibilities I can think of are maybe the folder names got renamed or the "goodies" folder isn't on the root of your sdcard (the extension the script is looking for is sdcard/goodies/themes/bluetheme).

As for everyone asking about rom manager I am thinking about it. I was going to wait a couple weeks and decide if I want to go full throttle into this or not.

I think I jumped the gun on this release a little and I have been working on the next one which might come out today and be more stable. I modified like 100 more images, packed in more gooies (script that enables jit, more live wallpapers, the scripts for those not using the rom, and possibly a few more apps) and I think I am just going to use one kernel. It is a lot of work to make like 8 options for everyone to choose from and bekits kernel is running super smooth and fast for what I have on my phone right now.

If you are getting reboots it looks like jit might be the problem. Disable it and see if anything improves.

gottaDROID

Reaction score
My Bad!!! When I extracted the Goodies folder I only took the themes folder and put that on sdcard. I went back and this time put the whole goodies folder on sdcard. Scripts run perfect!! Didn't even force close on me. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Now time to play!

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
So jit is the problem? Is it enabled from the start?

No you have to adb push it or use root explorer to turn it on....

Ihave it on and everything runs awesome so far on Adamz at 1.1ghz.....I removed the Helix Launcher 2 and used root explorer to go in and remove all the junk i didnt want....now it runs great with no force closes maybe an occasional reboot here or there....i used the free75mb, clock black, backupapps and switchba scripts so far...oh and the fixbusybox script too....

Status
Not open for further replies.