(4-01) Jrummy's Remix Cyanmod 5.0.5.4 V.0.4 *2 Themes, 9 Lwps, Fonts, 75+ Scripts

tdog7879

Reaction score
I really don't know for sure, but theres an option before choosing the update.zip that said something to the effect of; allow to install update.zip. i clicked it just in case. might help? (using sprecovery)
yeah i do click it and it just says no such file found ..aborted:icon_evil:

Make sure the file is on the root of your sdcard and is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip
Yeah i tried that too ..double check everything...and nothing...do you think if i used clockwork this will work, I have tried a bunch of different zip files with similar directions and im getting the same results..im also removing all of the old zip files so there are not double zip files on the sd card....Is there just a nandroid file???

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Make sure the file is on the root of your sdcard and is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip
Yeah i tried that too ..double check everything...and nothing...do you think if i used clockwork this will work, I have tried a bunch of different zip files with similar directions and im getting the same results..im also removing all of the old zip files so there are not double zip files on the sd card....Is there just a nandroid file???

hmmm.. I'm not sure why then. Clockwork should work fine. If that doesn't work I can post a nandroid when I have time.

webheaded

Reaction score
This runs like dog**** on my Droid for some reason. I can't even get MyBackupPro to run (refuses to open...ALWAYS force closes) and the phone crashes every couple of minute that I run this. It is inevitable if I start doing ANYTHING on the phone. Sometimes it freezes just browsing my apps...sometimes in the market. I haven't been able to do a lot since I can't get all my apps back. Also despite the fact that it is overclocked, it seems slower than hell and I have no idea why.

I did the format and the cache clear before installing via update.zip with SirPsycho. Needless to say, I will most likely have to go back to my previous ROM. It's a shame...I've been trying to get on this Cyanogenmod for a while now and there's always something messing it up. :(

Venomous2005

Reaction score
Hi

Hey, just wanted to assist you with some issues. Oh my phone, did clean wipe and cache, got everything up. This rom literally crashes on everything. Running music of any source from any source it crashes, changing the led notification in mms crashes everytime, opening bookmarks crashes, and turning on wifi force reboots. I ran your previous mods with bekits 1,2lv or redline 1,2 and it never crashed once on anything, really stable! Also if it helps I was on the new baseband on them. Hope I've been of some help.

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to assist you with some issues. Oh my phone, did clean wipe and cache, got everything up. This rom literally crashes on everything. Running music of any source from any source it crashes, changing the led notification in mms crashes everytime, opening bookmarks crashes, and turning on wifi force reboots. I ran your previous mods with bekits 1,2lv or redline 1,2 and it never crashed once on anything, really stable! Also if it helps I was on the new baseband on them. Hope I've been of some help.
im not sure how your having so many issues, my phone has been perfect since putting this on. if you have rom manager installed then i suggest doing the "fix permissions" and see if that helps (its supposed to fix the force closure problems)

Venomous2005

Reaction score
I did pretty much everything possible, 2x data/cache wipes before install, tried several recommended roms and this version simply failed to perform. It even had the 50% signal problem. I just restored back to v3 and been rock stable since. Just wanted to inform jrummy to help him out. I love his roms and appreciate the time him, koush, bekit and others have put forth.

rdm128

Reaction score
Happiness

Well, it's been a long time coming but I've finally settled on a build I'm happy with.

I'm running Jrummy's Remix v.0.4 and overlayed it with the black ice theme. I updated the kernel to Bekit's 0.8 1300 LV, though I run it at 900 or less most of the time. I repartitioned my sdcard to add 64M of swap. Font of choice is antipasto (though I preferred Apple Garamond in UD9 customizer).

This thing is humming along wonderfully, nice and cool temperature, very few FC's. I'm finally happy.

I've reflashed this phone hundreds of times trying everything under the sun to get the right look and feel.

If I could have one more thing (and this may be available, I've not searched for it yet) it would be the ability to customize Magic Smoke LWP. I would like a smoke that is black and blue only. All of the pages with blue include white.

Thanks to everyone who helped putting this together. Donations all around!!

phenley

Reaction score
Well, it's been a long time coming but I've finally settled on a build I'm happy with.

I'm running Jrummy's Remix v.0.4 and overlayed it with the black ice theme. I updated the kernel to Bekit's 0.8 1300 LV, though I run it at 900 or less most of the time. I repartitioned my sdcard to add 64M of swap. Font of choice is antipasto (though I preferred Apple Garamond in UD9 customizer).

This thing is humming along wonderfully, nice and cool temperature, very few FC's. I'm finally happy.

I've reflashed this phone hundreds of times trying everything under the sun to get the right look and feel.

If I could have one more thing (and this may be available, I've not searched for it yet) it would be the ability to customize Magic Smoke LWP. I would like a smoke that is black and blue only. All of the pages with blue include white.

Thanks to everyone who helped putting this together. Donations all around!!

Did the black ice theme apply fully for you? For some reason when I apply the v2.0.1 of the theme it doesn't theme completely

rdm128

Reaction score
Did the black ice theme apply fully for you? For some reason when I apply the v2.0.1 of the theme it doesn't theme completely

I installed it via the update.zip. Since Jrummy's remix is primarily based upon CM, and the update method can be applied to CM, it worked well (for me). I did do a full wipe before installing Jrummy's remix and I did not wipe anything while applying black ice.

I'm now working on figuring out how to get history in the terminal emulater working. I know the 'ash' command does it, just trying to figure out how to add it by default.

phenley

Reaction score

I installed it via the update.zip. Since Jrummy's remix is primarily based upon CM, and the update method can be applied to CM, it worked well (for me). I did do a full wipe before installing Jrummy's remix and I did not wipe anything while applying black ice.

I'm now working on figuring out how to get history in the terminal emulater working. I know the 'ash' command does it, just trying to figure out how to add it by default.

damn it. I just can't get the theme to completely apply. It worked for me on jrummys v0.3, but not v0.4. any ideas? I could push everything myself, but don't really feel like it

rdm128

Reaction score
Phenley - what method are you using to apply it (MM or Recovery) and what error or failure are you seeing?

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

damn it. I just can't get the theme to completely apply. It worked for me on jrummys v0.3, but not v0.4. any ideas? I could push everything myself, but don't really feel like it

Do you know what portion isn't applying.. Is it the framework?

jlambeth1

Reaction score

I noticed this when I tried to install it. When I unzipped it, it made a folder somtehing like jrummy30 and inside of that folder was one called something like jrummy3.0. I took that folder out of the jrummy30 folder and then put it in my nandroid folder and it installed without a hitch. So it failed the first time and then that's when I checked the folder thing and once I fixed that, it went fine. Hope that makes sense and helps you out tdog7879.

phenley

Reaction score
I have done the .zip installation on a non wiped jrummy rom and wiped and got the same results. It only partially applies the widgets and not the framework at all

EDIT: Also, FYI, I installed jrummys blue themed version. Which one did you get the theme to work with? This might be something?

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did pretty much everything possible, 2x data/cache wipes before install, tried several recommended roms and this version simply failed to perform. It even had the 50% signal problem. I just restored back to v3 and been rock stable since. Just wanted to inform jrummy to help him out. I love his roms and appreciate the time him, koush, bekit and others have put forth.

I posted nandroid's for you.