jellybean and physical keyboard

Reaction score
So have had the jellybean update for a couple days and noticed a issue. The physical keyboard is buggy now. Shift and symbol caps lock key doesn't work unless I select input device turn keyboard off and on. Swype is screwed up if I have to change a word that it puts it in random places in the sentence.
Is there anyway to fix these issues.

shovelrae

Reaction score
I have the same problem - already sent one phone back & got "certified" replacement, which started doing the same thing. didn't know about turning the keyboard off, i've just been shutting down & restarting. at least that will be quicker. when i contacted my carrier last, she said that this was not the first time she had heard of the same problem, and transferred me to Motorola, where i got the blah blah blah from their help person who suggested i do a factory reset on my phone - after first backing up ALL data, music, etc. when asked if they have a plan to fix this problem i got the 'royal runaround.' she talked for a minute & 1/2 & said absolutely nothing, but thanked me for bringing this problem to their attentions, etc etc blah blah

mattjenn

Reaction score
Swift key fixes all physical keyboard issues use that instead of stock keyboard

CheshireDragon

Reaction score
I only have issue with having to hold down the shift key while I press another key for a CAPS or character. It's pretty random when it wants to work or not. I had thought it was messing with other keys, but come to find out my "R" "Y" & "H" keys are just going out. Sucks because I am 2 weeks out side of my warranty. May have to look for a used device soon. I should ask around the office, but only the uber techs have a D4 and I doubt they will want to let it go, unless they upgraded recently.

OP
Forcedbyhatred
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that typing on websites the physical keyboard jumps around and just is placing words randomly in previous sentences especially when correcting, or backspacing

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
I finally upgraded to JB yesterday. Still stock at this point. All good though, but it was definitely buggy. Had to follow the suggestion of the poster who suggested swift key. Fixed all keyboard issues. Only issue with swiftkey, I can't seem to get rid of the suggestion even with the keyboard open. Kinda annoying.