Jelly Belly and Nova Launcher Issue

Hugg727

Reaction score
So I recently took the plunge and flashed JB v1.8. I was previously running CM9 and was happy with that. After reading various posts about which JB roms were stable I took Sbensons advice and went JellyBelly, (thank you sir, you posts on here have saved me many times)

I followed his instructions exactly...wipe data/factory reset, wipe davlik, flash superwipe, flash JB, flash gapps. I couldnt believe how easy and how FAST it booted up. Everything seemed fine with JB, google now worked perfect, smooth as butter, etc. Then I began to bring my apps and data over. I downloaded Tibu from the market and pulled by backed up app data from my PC back onto my SD card. Started refreshing apps, data etc and it still seemed perfect. It was all good until I picked Nova as my default launcher(I have launcher Pro as well). With Nova as the default, the Google Now search bar , that is now frosted is clear like the old ICS one and instead of the new little mic icon on the right it says Google in a very small font. Whne I tap on it it still launches Now and works fine but it is aesthetically different than before I launched Nova.

My phone is working perfectly, everything is very stable and I am very happy with the build. Just wanted to throw this little bug out there and see if anyone else is experiencing anything similar.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The new Google bar is part of the stock launcher. When you change launchers the stock bar goes away. If you revert back to the stock launcher then the newer styled search bar will come back

Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Make sure you grab the latest Nova update from the Play Store as well. I did have the little Google text as well, but now it's back to a microphone. And the new search bar is actually transparent but not 100% like Nova's is. Also, sometimes when switching to landscape mode you will see two "G"'s instead of a "G" and microphone. Doesn't happen all the time though.

immortal_ben

Reaction score
I have the latest Nova and still get the Google text in the bar. And heck, I cant even get my phone to go into landscape unless I'm in an app.

OP
H

Hugg727

Reaction score
Make sure you grab the latest Nova update from the Play Store as well. I did have the little Google text as well, but now it's back to a microphone. And the new search bar is actually transparent but not 100% like Nova's is. Also, sometimes when switching to landscape mode you will see two "G"'s instead of a "G" and microphone. Doesn't happen all the time though.

Thanks, this fixed it !

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
After you guys download the latest update (should be 1.2.2beta2) you may need to change your settings to get the JB search bar. Open your nova settings, go to desktop, then click Search Bar Style and select Jellybean one.