Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Matty wanna send me a copy? lol!

If there wasn't so may questions surrounding this "update", I would be more than happy to, but it's been pulled, some people have gotten it and some haven't, and if there are problems with it and it was released by mistake as alot of people think, I am not about to put it out there and cause problems with anyone's phone. I'm not about to do that to any of the members here. That's why I haven't installed it yet, I want to be sure it's not going to turn my phone into a paperweight. I'm getting ready to go on vacation this weekend to see my family and I don't want to come back to everyone ticked off at me because I put out something that caused problems. Sorry! :blink:

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
I'm not sure if I want to install something that was unintentionally released early... Although I'm really curious. I guess I can wait. I'd rather update when they put it out for sure. I don't want to deal with any problems.

The download link is on droid-life btw, not sure if that was said earlier in this thread.

Meltman

Reaction score
Ok so I plugged my phone into the computer and found all my pics and saved them to a disc and my computer. How do I get them back into my library????

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ok so I plugged my phone into the computer and found all my pics and saved them to a disc and my computer. How do I get them back into my library????

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

YAY!!

OK, well putting them back is simple, but where were they stored? If they're on your card in the phone, you may only have to either point to them or move them from one folder to another.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Folks, I am considering renaming this thread to something more descriptive so it's easier to find, so how about Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update? Yeah, I like that one.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This is exactly why I have my updater frozen with Titanium Backup ... every time an update gets pushed, there are problems with the build. After Jelly Bean has been out for a while, and the bugs have been fixed, then and only then will I go through the motions to upgrade. I spent days fine tuning my phone, and making it do just what I want to to do. I have Jelly Bean on my tablet and there really isn't all that much difference. Google Now is nice and all, and it's smooth, but I will patiently wait until everything is fixed before I jump off that cliff. :D

Done and done. I am on 98.72.8!! :icon_ banana:

ajyry3e6.jpg

3udeqyra.jpg

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK FoxKat ... questions:

Did you have to fastboot back to .211? Are there any problems with it? Is everything working? (WiFi, etc) Give the masses details! :D

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm about to sell my old maxx, hopefully someone successfully does this from.215, easier is better lol.

Return of the Android

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything official from Verizon or Motorola about when this is coming out, especially since so many people are saying this is stable....

On a side note, maybe they just did a huge, random soak test without letting people know they were on it!!!

One can hope!!

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I'm about to sell my old maxx, hopefully someone successfully does this from.215, easier is better lol.

Return of the Android

Why don't you just flash it back to .211 before you sell it, simple to do and it will keep the next person from having issues.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether or not the Hotspot app hack still works after this update? (Entitlement Check) I cannot lose my hotspot, I'll hold out until it's certain that it still works. I have JB on my tablet, but I need Hotspot for the tablet when I'm on the road. Anyone? :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You HAVE to go back to .211 ... that is now official :)

Yes folks, I have informed MattyP that this information is correct. I am constructing a .214/.215 classroom in the true MattyP style. I will post soon. It will take you through all the steps and keep ROOT.

Stay tuned! :icon_ lala: (and please be patient. One small slip-up and you're gonna be sorry - like me :frown: ).