Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK, Not sure if anyone can help me here....I have a Moto Droid Razr Maxx, rooted. I am currently running ICS .211. I started getting update and it failed, so I decided to download it and update it myself. The file I dl'd checks out but I get this screen (sorry, I can't screenshot in recovery so I had to take a pic w/ D3. In case the file isn't readable, it says:

qe 1/1

--Install /sdcard/downloads ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check:)/system/app/Cmas.apk
","e85b3073d3c7fcde2562f3d14b5887013c639b14", "4a7fd9
f788e6d5ebd4c5438e9a6a9d4454cdacee")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Background is I removed bloatware using Root Uninstaller. Nothing special...Madden, Golf, Emergency Alerts, someother nonsense, nothing that I thought was critical and nothing that affected my current operation. Only issue that I have had is my AOL mail does not work since middle of Oct (somewhere between the 16th and 20th).

Anyway, I am by no means a dev nor do I know much more than enough to be dangerous. Can anyone help? Thank you and I hope this finds you all well.

The problem is it is looking for the bloatware that you deleted, and not finding it. IT HAS to be there, or it will fail and give status 7 error. You will need to use the 1.82 utility to go back to bone stock .211 and that will replace what you deleted. Then run the update after you flash .211 back.

Ut3jaw

Reaction score
The problem is it is looking for the bloatware that you deleted, and not finding it. IT HAS to be there, or it will fail and give status 7 error. You will need to use the 1.82 utility to go back to bone stock .211 and that will replace what you deleted. Then run the update after you flash .211 back.

Where does one get this 1.82 utility? I have done a factory reset and only gotten back some of the bloatware (madden, golf, etc...), so the 1.82 utility will get me all the bloatware BS back? Thanks for the prompt response. Could this be the problem with my email app? Can't get any third party (AOL) pop mail to work. Account is there but it tells me my password is wrong (yet I can log into AOL via www. w/o a problem).

Ut3jaw

Reaction score

OK, I am downloading the 1.82 utility. I understand instrutions are included. I am guessing, after I bloat my Razr back up, get Jelly Bean to update, I would prolly be OK removing bloatware since there is most likely not going to be another update for Razr correct? Or should I wait to see if there is another bug fix update...you know...like we got with ICS? ;-) Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas all! Oh, and would the bloatware removal be responsible for my email not working too? I am pretty sure taht is the case but wondering if anyone has experience with that being the cause. Wish I would have gotten involved in these forums before today.

OP
TriciaH

TriciaH

Reaction score
Why would anyone do this update ON PURPOSE? Its half baked. The swipe to the right of the home screen for music controls is not there. You have to confirm turning the stupid phone off. Extra steps to get to the simple alarm clocks. The computer cannot even FIND the internal storage. All those are renamed - most likely for testing! Not release! And all folders there appear empty. Which tells me haha your stuff is gone. Too bad so sad. More 3G than 4G in a strong 4G area where I never saw 3G kick in. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and get this crap update off my once stellar phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
TriciaH, you bring up several good points but people want what they want, and having it out under within reach even if it's half-baked...well, people eat raw cookie dough, don't they? :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TheBrownHornet

Reaction score
My question is those of us who's phones did successfully update on this leak, will we be able to update once the final update comes out?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356489865183.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356489865183.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 289

moset

Reaction score
I'm sure they know who got the actual OTA, they would have to make things right for those folks. Those who got it from another source will have to wait till some Dev works their magic or FXZ file gets leaked. I guess.

RAZR MAXX

vman411gamer

Reaction score
My question is those of us who's phones did successfully update on this leak, will we be able to update once the final update comes out?

You will have to use 1.82 utility to flash back to .211 and then you will be able to update. Otherwise you cannot. It is quite easy though :)

(just download the file when you have the time it is huge and takes a long time)

moset

Reaction score
You will have to use 1.82 utility to flash back to .211 and then you will be able to update. Otherwise you cannot. It is quite easy though :)

(just download the file when you have the time it is huge and takes a long time)

I hear, according to Matt, who built the utility, it will not work to get you back from this update.
I suspect there will be a way, but i don't think there is now.

RAZR MAXX

Ut3jaw

Reaction score

OK, I installed 1.82, fastbooted phone, ran utility #1, all looked well. Restarted phone and no bloatware. When I did factory reset I had some bloatware back, not emergency alerts and I think some of the Verizon Bloat (navigator, videos, etc...)

I am looking for battery life. I'll admit, im a heavy user, but this battery takes forever to charge, and with heavy use, I can't get through day....ever. I'm used to changing batteries. From what I understand, battery use was noticably better with jelly bean. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Still want to be able to get back to stock across the board and thought a factory reset would do that. Did not realize I did this much damage removing some BS apps.

While using 1.82, I am getting " 'moto-fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." I have downloaded the utility twice. Made sure phone was connected and good. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Again, for what it is worth, the factory reset did not restore some of the bloatware like the emergency alerts. Phone is factory reset, running fine, rooted (yet again), restored everything, went through 1.82 utility in AP mode following all Matt's awesome directions. I also only have 4 options vs. 7. Guessing that's not right either, lol.

vman411gamer

Reaction score
I hear, according to Matt, who built the utility, it will not work to get you back from this update.
I suspect there will be a way, but i don't think there is now.

RAZR MAXX
I was not aware of this :O. Sorry D:

vman411gamer

Reaction score
OK, I installed 1.82, fastbooted phone, ran utility #1, all looked well. Restarted phone and no bloatware. When I did factory reset I had some bloatware back, not emergency alerts and I think some of the Verizon Bloat (navigator, videos, etc...)

I am looking for battery life. I'll admit, im a heavy user, but this battery takes forever to charge, and with heavy use, I can't get through day....ever. I'm used to changing batteries. From what I understand, battery use was noticably better with jelly bean. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Still want to be able to get back to stock across the board and thought a factory reset would do that. Did not realize I did this much damage removing some BS apps.

While using 1.82, I am getting " 'moto-fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." I have downloaded the utility twice. Made sure phone was connected and good. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Again, for what it is worth, the factory reset did not restore some of the bloatware like the emergency alerts. Phone is factory reset, running fine, rooted (yet again), restored everything, went through 1.82 utility in AP mode following all Matt's awesome directions. I also only have 4 options vs. 7. Guessing that's not right either, lol.

make sure the .bat file you are running is in the same folder as the files it is looking for