Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Phone just initiated a large update...does anyone know what this is? I am currently running ICS stock.
Nope...can't imagine what it is. If you were running ICS then have no idea what you're phone may be updating to. When its finished how about telling what the system version is.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I had the same thing happen to me also. Started to download about 1/2 hour ago. Says that it is still downloading.

NoLimit

Reaction score
I just received the update message too. It said upgrade "98.72.8.en.us". I have no idea what it is. I cancelled it.

mettech

Reaction score
Original DROID RAZR Receiving Mysteriously Large 331MB Update as Build 98.72.8? – Droid Life
According to a number of readers with the original RAZR and RAZR MAXX, a massive update weighing in at 331MB and build number 98.72.8 is pushing out. There are no signs of an official update going out from any of the regular spots, so we aren’t sure if this is Jelly Bean, and someone at Motorola accidentally flipped the “Go!” switch or what. The build number starting with a 9 certainly resembles previous Jelly Bean updates on other Motorola phones. The RAZR HD’s update dropped in at 9.1.41.

OP
TriciaH

TriciaH

Reaction score
All I can say is - this better NOT screw up my working phone LOL. Never had any problems with it and really did not want to do anything to jinx that!

11B2O

Reaction score
The mysterious download is the JB 4.1 update. I was excited at first, but I've soon realized that with the update, it brought bugs with it. Anyone else having issues with the after installing the update to jelly bean?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No, but I'm still interested in getting it. Wonder if anyone has captured it yet for side-loading. :icon_ banana:

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Update popped up. I do not want it right now. Will it ever pop up without me being active on the phone and download by itself? Is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen? Really worried about losing foxfi. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Download update.zip, place on your external sd card, go to stock recovery and flash the .zip file from there.

Same way I flashed .215 then. Is there one out there yet for the update?

Will it cause issues in the future?

Do i need to go back to .211?