JB might be closer than we think..and it may be 4.1!

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I think google should update android os every 18 months.
Through 12 month should be update like minor to make our os smoother without hacking.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I think we should have an official ota from 4.1 os . That, unless if moto isn't to selfish. Want us to root again for minor update.

No phones run Honeycomb and I've run into very very few apps that don't work on ICS. Most phones are still on Gingerbread and it's been a little slow in moving to ICS but that looks to be changing very soon with many devices schedule for or are already receiving ICS.

Jellybean is only OS 4.1 (coming from ICS 4.0). Not really a huge jump, just enough to give it a new name....kind of like Froyo (2.2) became Gingerbread (2.3). Now we have ICS (4.0) becoming Jellybean (4.1).

The migration from 4.0 to 4.1 won't be near the jump 2.3 was to 4.0.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"But even specific baby steps are better than the vague promises Google has previously made to reduce fragmentation."

Google Takes a Step Toward Fighting Android Fragmentation | PCWorld

Yeah but Google can not force oems and carriers to update. Plus you have oem putting their own software on top of android and with different carriers adding bloat its going to take awhile to update software. The only way Google can change that is by making its own line of products or buying out one if the major OEM..... urrghhh buying the patents that a major OEM owns.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google should force we need some evil way to get ota. Like that ,Isheep users won't talk about how we only get 1 major update.

Yeah but Google can not force oems and carriers to update. Plus you have oem putting their own software on top of android and with different carriers adding bloat its going to take awhile to update software. The only way Google can change that is by making its own line of products or buying out one if the major OEM..... urrghhh buying the patents that a major OEM owns.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2