jb is amazing! your thoughts?

donzz

Reaction score
Just installed the new jb for bionic and all I can say is I finally like this phone. Rooted and gonna it stock and just finally content with this thing
I gotta tell ya, my battery life so far has been amazing! So far so good!

rcblate

Reaction score
I must admit that this is the smoothest my bionic has been. Job update may be more under the hood stuff, bit that is fine by me @ this point.

I use the extended battery and it seems to be working just fine. Typing is so much better. I do not know why, but it is. In ICS, the keyboard would slowly freeze up while typing , then let go and drop everything in.
Used the webdock today. Awesome.

We should be given the phone of our choice for free given all the collective crap that we've had to put up with over the past almost 18 months!

Good night and be well everyone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

cool318

Reaction score
Typing is much better, a lot faster and accurate.
The overall speed of app switching is the best it's ever been
battery life seems great

pretty nice update though i thought a new interface was in this edition? don't really see to many new cool features...

bbucks36

Reaction score
Have to admit it is a bit snappier with JB. But it also was snappy with ICS. Then started slowing down to a crawl. Hope it doesn't do this with JB. Battery life is the same for me. A full day and 1/2 moderate use on extended battery. couple things that I hate is the power off button. Wish I could find a way to not ask me again if im sure I want to power down. O well. Still a bionic with new lease on life. Till my subscription is up.:icon_ lala:

atlrus

Reaction score
And I suppose you know this because your a developer? Have you never read developer notes like when flashing ROMs? Have you never read about different OS processing and optimization of app data, cache, and media files? That's why its better to do a factory reset and wipe all memory technically after updates so you don't have to deal with this stuff. I have 5 android phones I follow directions and never have issues after updates its people who don't listen read and educate that ***** about stuff not working properly. I'm not always 100% correct but I can tell you I've done my homework for every update on every phone and I haven't ever had a problem in over 2 years on stock or custom ROMs. If you don't like peoples advice then move on do what you want and deal with it.

Never asked for your advice and reading your post - would never dream of asking you about anything.

The things you talk about have nothing to do with battery life and if you stopped for a second to think about it, you'd have known that. Having 5 Android phones makes you no expert or qualify you to give any advice (obviously). Don't even know why you think the rest of us just crawled from under a rock and this is our first encounter with cellphones.

The myth about Android OS "settling" has been debunked over and over again on this forum alone, do yourself a favor and search about it, maybe you could end up learning something new...

There are basically two reasons why a phone will use more power with a new OS (if screen brightness is equal):

1. The new OS uses the processor/antenna more.
2. Apps are not optimized for the new OS (use more processor time, loops, hang-ups etc).

The myth about Android "settling in a few days" stems from the second case, when app developers publish updates optimizing their apps for the new OS. All of a sudden the battery becomes better, but it has nothing to do with the OS itself.

mattjenn

Reaction score
Never asked for your advice and reading your post - would never dream of asking you about anything.

The things you talk about have nothing to do with battery life and if you stopped for a second to think about it, you'd have known that. Having 5 Android phones makes you no expert or qualify you to give any advice (obviously). Don't even know why you think the rest of us just crawled from under a rock and this is our first encounter with cellphones.

The myth about Android OS "settling" has been debunked over and over again on this forum alone, do yourself a favor and search about it, maybe you could end up learning something new...

There are basically two reasons why a phone will use more power with a new OS (if screen brightness is equal):

1. The new OS uses the processor/antenna more.
2. Apps are not optimized for the new OS (use more processor time, loops, hang-ups etc).

The myth about Android "settling in a few days" stems from the second case, when app developers publish updates optimizing their apps for the new OS. All of a sudden the battery becomes better, but it has nothing to do with the OS itself.

Never said I was expert thought I clarified that!! And you believe what you want but since your the expert explain to me WHY the 1st 2 days then under BATTERY STATS the most battery was used by android os almost 60% to be exact and now screen is #1 and android os is almost at bottom at 5%? Come on expert tell me. WHY?