I've returned my Bionic because...

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Relax dude. If you don't see it, hats off to you. I envy you. I'm not giving you any crap, and so no need to get defensive, simply ignore posts about PenTile screens.

No, I never said "I know so much" or that I "admire" pixle topics. I simply read various reviews before buying, just like I do with pretty much everything else for due diligence. I read consistent cons regarding the screen, but decided to ignore them, because I thought they were probably exaggerating, being snobs, or having some valid points, but certainly would be better than my G1. So hey, I see black dots; up close, afar, in pictures, in videos, I see black dots. Spare me.

I do not know what's in the lineup, and that's why I'm asking and truly requesting advice. I'm so trying to ignore this issue, because otherwise this phone is kick-ass, but it's not going away. Again, I'm not fabricating it as it is Obviously well documented.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

This site posts all the rumors and stuff concerning upcoming devices..
http://www.droid-life.com/

G
o get spun up..

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's amazing how defensive people get when talking about the short comings of the Pentile screen. I think we are all losing sight that its just a phone.

WHAT!!! JUST A PHONE! NOOOOOOO!! my life is no longer of any value :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
WHAT!!! JUST A PHONE! NOOOOOOO!! my life is no longer of any value :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

hahaha.. Exactly.. As if their selection of a certain device speaks to their worth as a human being.

lol.. what I think is real funny is how people cry about "getting stuck" with a phone as if there's is no way out once you select a device.

Ive had a Droid X, Thunderbolt, and now Bionic. I only used an upgrade to get the Thunderbolt. If the Prime comes out and it's THAT much better than the Bionic, maybe Ill buy that one. It isnt like the phones cost $30000 or something. It's like like buying a car.

Truth be told, the Prime doesnt look like it will be all that much better than the Bionic considering itll be using an TI OMAP processor and have 1GB of RAM supposedly.

tono80

Reaction score
hahaha.. Exactly.. As if their selection of a certain device speaks to their worth as a human being.

lol.. what I think is real funny is how people cry about "getting stuck" with a phone as if there's is no way out once you select a device.

Ive had a Droid X, Thunderbolt, and now Bionic. I only used an upgrade to get the Thunderbolt. If the Prime comes out and it's THAT much better than the Bionic, maybe Ill buy that one. It isnt like the phones cost $30000 or something. It's like like buying a car.

Truth be told, the Prime doesnt look like it will be all that much better than the Bionic considering itll be using an TI OMAP processor and have 1GB of RAM supposedly.

I'm glad that you have such spare change to move from phone to phone like that. Most people don't really feel like spending ~$500 to ~$700 on a phone every time a better one comes out. Putting it into perspective by comparing it to buying a car is silly. Sure, just toss your car and buy a new one next year. It's not like your buying a $1 million dollar airplane; sure walk to my place if you don't have a ride. It's only 10 miles. It's not like walking to a different country.

Nobody's crying for getting stuck with the Bionic. They blog about it. They are not picketing on the streets. Spare them. The one thing (as in my case), I did say that I don't see a good alternative to the Bionic (as far as specs and features), so I'm either stuck with it or I need to return it within the 14 days and wait for a better one so I can use my upgrade.
People blogging about a phone doesn't mean their whole lives revolve around it. Otherwise, let's just pack up and go home and never blog about any phone again.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lurking over here sorry. My GF is looking at phones, Bionics on the list. Just wanted to say those thinking of switching from Moto to Samsung. I'd say that it is not worth it. Samsung is known for putting horrible GPS and Radios in the Galaxy S1 phones. I went from a d1> Fascinate >Inc2. Fascinate and Samsung are by far the worst company. HTC is my favorite and Moto isn't bad. I use to hate Moto, but realized how good my D1 was after switching to the Fascinate. I don't have much expectations for upcoming Samsung devices, and I would definitely not get a Samsung on launch day, wait for reviews.

Also, not many phones will see a development community like the d1 had. There are many more Android devices on many different carriers now and the developers are all scattered all over now.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I'm glad that you have such spare change to move from phone to phone like that. Most people don't really feel like spending ~$500 to ~$700 on a phone every time a better one comes out. Putting it into perspective by comparing it to buying a car is silly. Sure, just toss your car and buy a new one next year. It's not like your buying a $1 million dollar airplane; sure walk to my place if you don't have a ride. It's only 10 miles. It's not like walking to a different country.

Nobody's crying for getting stuck with the Bionic. They blog about it. They are not picketing on the streets. Spare them. The one thing (as in my case), I did say that I don't see a good alternative to the Bionic (as far as specs and features), so I'm either stuck with it or I need to return it within the 14 days and wait for a better one so I can use my upgrade.
People blogging about a phone doesn't mean their whole lives revolve around it. Otherwise, let's just pack up and go home and never blog about any phone again.

Err.. "it's NOT like buying a car" .. that's what I meant lol.

If you keep your phones in good shape, you can usually get about $300 for them on Ebay to offset the price of a new one.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Got my X on ebay at the six month mark and paid $340 for it. So yea, $300 - $350 after six months works for me!

rumblee1

Reaction score
Wow, comparable devices? Are you kidding? No phone offered dual core and 4glte. I've had mine since week 1 and loving it more the more I use it. You have had a few issues, but most will be corrected with the update next month. For me, only issue is the disappearing apps when I reboot or turn off the phone. But this forum gave me the answer to avoid that. Make sure all apps are stored on the phone internal memory and not the Sd card till the update comes out.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

OP
D

DamirD1984

Reaction score
Nobody is saying here that, especially OG Droid/D1, is a better phone. I mainly was bugged by the Pentile screen, as many others who stated, who did return or opted out not to upgrade because of it.

Other than the screen, the Bionic is a very impressive piece of technology.

As others have stated, nothing comes close to the Bionic, but only on the Verizon network of course.

NoKz

Reaction score
I have my Bionic rooted with a ROM and I absolutely love it. I agree about the pentile screen. It's disappointing, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I've had absolutely zero issues with mine and battery life is great with the ROM. I came from an OG Droid that I got @ launch. Rooting the Bionic was a joke compared to the old days of rooting a D1. Overall, I am greatly pleased with the phone's performance, quality and overall appeal. My D1 rooted with ROM and overclocked to 1.2GHz can't even touch my rooted Bionic.