Bionic gonna get forgotten with HD/RAZR Coming?

xmguy

Reaction score
What's everyone's take on this? Will the Bionic be left by the wayside with the MUCH slimmer, better screen(ed) phone the Razr. Which HAS been confirmed to be LTE and NOT Pentile.

If (like me) most got their phone on launch day. Just long enough for the Razr to get more info and be 10x better. Right?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
It will be different, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be better than the Bionic. Depends on your needs. It's give and take. You lose some features to gain others.

So in this case, with a better screen, and slimmer, AND LTE, you *know* the battery life is going to be worse.

Reaction score
The bionic is one of verizons flagship phones and they have put a lot of money into it, it will not be forgotten.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

terigox

Reaction score
With Google purchasing Motorola's mobile division, does that give us a better upgrade path?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's everyone's take on this? Will the Bionic be left by the wayside with the MUCH slimmer, better screen(ed) phone the Razr. Which HAS been confirmed to be LTE and NOT Pentile.

If (like me) most got their phone on launch day. Just long enough for the Razr to get more info and be 10x better. Right?

Much slimmer? So ur saying its gonna be thinner than a dx?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
These new devices coming out now are why I chose to pass on the Bionic...to see where Motorola was going with this whole process...going to be awesome!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think it will go nicely in Verizon's 4G line up but I don't think it's way better than the Bionic. This device will only appeal to so many people because of its edgier look and kevlar coating. It's not a device that will attract the masses but it definitely looks like a nice, sturdy device.

With Google purchasing Motorola's mobile division, does that give us a better upgrade path?

No. Google acquired Motorola through an acquisition so they can hold on to Moto's patents. It doesn't give Moto any advantage in the Android department besides legal protection.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Every phone, flagship in genral, I can assure you, has served a great purpose for many, and none are truly better than the other...Its almost like a car..options are good, but does it get you there at the speed the individual is happy with? I'm partial to all smartphones though..with a few I wouldn't buy, but would always like to play with and Mod the heck out of them..lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am still very happy with my Bionic purchase, I am not going to let the next big thing take that away from me :)