It's Sunday, 2/6... Who went to Best Buy?

jr313

Reaction score
Dropped my fiddy! Lol...however they didnt give me any info on release...also got $50 dollar gift card...

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
went today, first guy I talked to had no clue about it, woman came out and said yea, we can start doing pre orders today, so I asked them can they tell me the prices, took her about 5 minutes and she had no clue, another woman came up and oh they haven't told us yet, all we know is we can do pre orders today....asked them if they don't know how some of the others BB's know, they didn't know, so I left (my BB has been known to have stupid workers), so I said im not pre order if I don't know the price, so I left

Went over to the Verizon store and see what they could tell me, they had no clue BB was doing pre orders today and she thought that was very weird

obidos

Reaction score
hi everyone! longtime reader, first time poster, android virgin.

so does the $50 deposit go towards the cost of the TB and you get a $50 BestBuy giftcard?

atpjoe

Reaction score
No you basically buy a gift card and you use it on the phone when you pick it up.

I preordered today. BB said Valentine's day is the date they have. 4G is not going to cost more as far as they know. Forgot to ask the price of the TB. Can't wait!

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

eklipsephil

Reaction score
hi everyone! longtime reader, first time poster, android virgin.

so does the $50 deposit go towards the cost of the TB and you get a $50 BestBuy giftcard?
no the preorder is to hold your place in line basically and you retaind the gift card for reuse.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The hot sales rep said release date is the 14th.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
StinkyPete

StinkyPete

Reaction score
So basically... they are giving you a gift card to apply to a phone that may or may not be released on the 14th or the 17th or the 24th... and there is nothing in writing on the data plan?

ythot26

Reaction score
until there's more concrete information, I'm not going to pre-order. It's all "as far as we know" this or that, and that doesn't cut it for me. my fingers are crossed for a commercial tonight

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So basically... they are giving you a gift card to apply to a phone that may or may not be released on the 14th or the 17th or the 24th... and there is nothing in writing on the data plan?

That is exactly what the story seems to be across multiple tech blogs and here.... Me.. Im going to wait to hold one in hand.. I don't like to buy what I can't see and look at first in person.. Def plan on getting one, but will just hold out the couple weeks..

hdeez

Reaction score
I have been waiting for this friggin phone forever. It bothers me that they are taking preorders now but have not put a definite price on the phone and data plan. I dont think I will get it if its over 250 and data is over 30. Do you think BB will give a refund on the pre-order deposit if its over that?

ridobe

Reaction score
until there's more concrete information, I'm not going to pre-order. It's all "as far as we know" this or that, and that doesn't cut it for me. my fingers are crossed for a commercial tonight

The Verizon commercial tonight is going to be about their buyback program. Not sure if it will include the TB. BTW it's Justin Bieber and Ozzy. Hahaha.

OP
StinkyPete

StinkyPete

Reaction score
I have been waiting for this friggin phone forever. It bothers me that they are taking preorders now but have not put a definite price on the phone and data plan. I dont think I will get it if its over 250 and data is over 30. Do you think BB will give a refund on the pre-order deposit if its over that?

It's a gift card you are buying... so you could use the money at BB if you don't want the phone...

ridobe

Reaction score

None necessary. They give you your $50 on a gift card. If you decide to blow them off and go to Verizon instead or if the plan is too much for you or the phone costs too much you have a $50 dollar gift card. BFD.