Is there anyway to turn of a notificantion ringtone without unlocking the phone?

Nupe1911

Reaction score
i have a ringtone set for my text ringtone but when it rings i have to let the whole ringtone play unless i unlock it and pull the notification bar down. is there anyway to stop it by hitting the volume rocker or something?

BlackGoat226

Reaction score
When it's going off, if you hit either of the volume buttons it should stop it. At the moment I have a 10 second long ring tone assigned to my text messages, and if I hit either volume it kills it...

OP
N

Nupe1911

Reaction score
Do you have the patter lock on your phone? when i hit the volume button it does nothing. i have to enter my lock code then pull the notification bar down to stop it

OP
N

Nupe1911

Reaction score
Mine doesn't stop for some reason. I have the pattern lock but if I hit the volume buttons or camera button nothing stops the ringtone. Even when I unlock it it still doesn't stop I have to drag the notification bar down for it to stop ringing.

silverx10

Reaction score
This isn't gonna help the situation in any way, shape, or form, but...

A ten-second ringtone for a text notification.

Good lord, lol.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Silver...how about my notification sound? Lasts 4 minutes and 10 seconds for every text until I acknowledge it. :)