Ringtones barely audible

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by teppy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. teppy

teppy New Member

Despite having the ringer volume set at max, all ringtones are quiet to the point of barely being audible.

It seems to be a software problem: the speakerphone is plenty loud, and one time by chance when I was in the middle of switching ringtones, an incoming call arrived, and - this one time - the ringtone for the incoming call was at full volume.

Anyone else experience this?
  2. godanigo

godanigo New Member

Yep, I just noticed that I am having the same problem. It's perfectly loud playing youtube videos and on speakerphone but I can barely hear it ring when I hold it away.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  3. aarontsur

aarontsur New Member

yes, i see the same thing, a reboot fixed it, not that its an acceptable solution.
  4. aarontsur

aarontsur New Member

yes, a reboot fixed it, not that its an acceptable solution.
  5. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

I have had zero problems with the ringtone volume, have tried calling myself multiple times to see if i could create the situation in which you are talking about, and yet have not been able to.
  6. godanigo

godanigo New Member

Yeah, I took out the battery and it fixed it. But not something I want to have to repeat.
  7. jnyce

jnyce New Member

i had the same problem but just powered down and powered back up and the ringer is back to full volume.
  8. ThePhoneGuy

ThePhoneGuy New Member

same hear... when all else fails, do a reboot.
  9. tubatime1010

tubatime1010 New Member

Though it's not a perfect remedy, just be happy that it takes just a few seconds to boot the Droid when and issue arises.

Those of us who have use BB Storms can vouch for the horrors of rebooting that device!
  10. vandenk

vandenk New Member

I also have been having this problem, which occurs randomly. It also is happening with Alarms.. Reboot does seem to fix it, but I hope that this bug is resolved soon.
  11. Emryse

Emryse New Member

I too have had the volume issue being too quiet

I just got my Droid yesterday, and I have had this issue... in fact, that's how I found this forum, because I was looking for some answers on what was going on...

If anyone knows where the best place would be to post an official bug complaint to Verizon on this, I'll be happy to add my two cents if a link is posted here.

Glad to be part of the Droid community! :)
  12. praeceps

praeceps New Member

Well, I have something that doesn't involve rebooting your phone. First, the problem is that the audio is coming through the wrong speaker. This, I think, is because when you end a call in speaker phone mode WHILE playing something, or get a call while something's coming through the large speaker, it comes through the small speaker for the call, but the phone doesn't always get it right and set it back. Either way, here it is: first start playing some music, it SHOULD, might not, be going through your phone's ear speaker. Call your cell phone(so someone doesn't call you back), then once your voicemail asks you for your password, hangup not on speaker phone and it SHOULD reset. This worked for me, but it being a tricky bug, it'll likely need some twiddling for certain people.
  13. praeceps

praeceps New Member

Dangit... I'm having to do it for every darned song. Blast. Just, calling someone then hanging up resets... but JUST for thagt song... blast...
  14. xMx Reaper xMx

xMx Reaper xMx New Member

15. superglen99

superglen99 New Member

I've had this problem too but turning the phone off and back on takes care of it
  16. karaberry

karaberry New Member

Concern?

Hi,

My Droid is doing this too...the ringtone is really quiet, as is any music through the speaker, but then when I get a call and talk on speakerphone the next song is SUPER loud (which I love!)

My autofocus issues were fixed with the OTA software push last night (ShopSavvy, yes I will thank you!)...is this an issue that I should return my phone for? I don't think I got a "lemon" so I'm afraid if I exchange it I would be taking a risk to make things worse...

So - wait for the update on December 11 (outside my return period) or exchange now?
  17. rockndakota

rockndakota New Member

Got my home dock today. While in the home dock a call came in. The ringer was like (5 times louder) than when not it the dock. WOW what a difference. The phone should be able to ring this loud when out of the home dock. I sure am not pleased with the ringer volume with it in my shirt pocket. I would never hear it in my pants pocket. And, my ringer volume is always maxed out.
  18. recDNA

recDNA Member

I'm having the same problem. Thanks for posting the article but it doesn't give any answers.

Is it worth returning the phone or do we wait for a software fix?

I contacted Motorola and the support person suggested exchanging the phone. He said he has never even heard of the problem. That worries me.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  19. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

That is unfortunate. I brought over an MP3 to my phone and it sounds better on my phone then my laptop for some reason. It's actually a movie theme song so it's not a true quality song like most MP3's but still.
  20. recDNA

recDNA Member

Ok, I've isolated my problem but don't know how to prevent it. Every time I MISS a call the ringtone thereafter comes from the earpiece rather than the back speaker so is too soft. Turning off and on cures it but just keeps happening thereafter.

Can I presume on fellow members to try this experiment to see if I have a defective phone or this is symptomatic of a Droid software issue?

I emailed Verizon about it. They agree there is a problem and say a software update to be sent sometime in December should solve the problem. You'd think the Motorola Customer Service Rep I spoke to would have mentioned this....
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
Search tags for this page
android mp3 ringtone too quiet

android ringtone is quiet

can hardly hear ringtone droid 3

droid dna quiet ringtone
make skype ring louder android

most audible ringtone

motorola mp3 is too quiet

quiet ringtones android

ringtone very soft android
short quiet ringtones for android