Ringtones barely audible

karaberry

Reaction score
Concern?

Hi,

My Droid is doing this too...the ringtone is really quiet, as is any music through the speaker, but then when I get a call and talk on speakerphone the next song is SUPER loud (which I love!)

My autofocus issues were fixed with the OTA software push last night (ShopSavvy, yes I will thank you!)...is this an issue that I should return my phone for? I don't think I got a "lemon" so I'm afraid if I exchange it I would be taking a risk to make things worse...

So - wait for the update on December 11 (outside my return period) or exchange now?

rockndakota

Reaction score
Got my home dock today. While in the home dock a call came in. The ringer was like (5 times louder) than when not it the dock. WOW what a difference. The phone should be able to ring this loud when out of the home dock. I sure am not pleased with the ringer volume with it in my shirt pocket. I would never hear it in my pants pocket. And, my ringer volume is always maxed out.

recDNA

Reaction score
Last edited:

LordKastle

Reaction score
That is unfortunate. I brought over an MP3 to my phone and it sounds better on my phone then my laptop for some reason. It's actually a movie theme song so it's not a true quality song like most MP3's but still.

recDNA

Reaction score
Ok, I've isolated my problem but don't know how to prevent it. Every time I MISS a call the ringtone thereafter comes from the earpiece rather than the back speaker so is too soft. Turning off and on cures it but just keeps happening thereafter.

Can I presume on fellow members to try this experiment to see if I have a defective phone or this is symptomatic of a Droid software issue?

I emailed Verizon about it. They agree there is a problem and say a software update to be sent sometime in December should solve the problem. You'd think the Motorola Customer Service Rep I spoke to would have mentioned this....

Last edited:

altacool

Reaction score
Just happened to me

I missed a call because of it. I looked at my phone and saw I had a missed call at a time when I was sitting right next to the phone. I tried calling myself and the ringtone was barely audible. Like everyone else here, I found that a reboot fixed the problem. So far I've only experienced this once.